This easy Old Fashioned Zucchini Bread is moist and buttery and full of summer goodness. Fresh zucchini and baking spices come together to make this delicious bread.
This is the best zucchini bread recipe and is one of our easy bread recipes you will want to bookmark for later.
Why You Will Love This Old Fashioned Zucchini Bread Recipe
Tasty. This classic zucchini bread is soft and buttery on the inside with a lightly crisp crust on the outside. This bread has a light texture and is topped with a light sprinkling of brown sugar to give it a little sweetness, without loading it up with sugar.
Versatile. It is the perfect bread for breakfast, brunch or as a tea time snack. The bread is also great for lunchboxes and after-school or after-work snacks. It is a wonderful way to incorporate zucchini into you seasonal menu
Easy recipe. Made with a few simple ingredients, this easy quick bread is so moist and tasty. You can whip it up in no time.
Economical. Made with fresh zucchini, it is a wonderful way to celebrate zucchini season. This is one of the best recipes if you have extra zucchini. Double the batch and freeze one loaf for later.
Zucchini Bread Ingredients
Just a few simple ingredients are needed for this easy zucchini bread recipe.
- fresh grated zucchini
- baking powder/baking soda
How to Make Old Fashioned Zucchini Bread
- Wash and shred zucchini. Be sure to blot the shredded zucchini with paper towel to remove the excess moisture.
- Mix dry ingredients in bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend egg and butter. Add zucchini.
- Add dry ingredients gradually.
- Pour batter in bread loaf pan and bake as directed.
- Let this delicious zucchini bread cool on a wire rack before slicing
Be sure to pin or save this recipe for later.
- This classic recipe is so easy to make and you can make the dry ingredient base ahead of time and just add the zucchini and wet ingredients.
- You can freeze the shredded zucchini in airtight freezer bags until ready to use. This is a great way to store zucchini if you have it in abundance.
- Cut a piece of parchment paper to line the baking pan for easy removal.
- You can double the recipe and make a second loaf Just wrap in plastic wrap and freeze in an airtight container. It should last 2-3 months.
Substitutions and Variations
Grandma's recipe originally called for vegetable oil, you can use it in place of the butter.
- chocolate chips
- shredded carrots
- You can also make zucchini muffins using this recipe
- honey butter
- add some cream cheese frosting
- great with a cup of coffee or tea
Classic Zucchini Bread Recipe
Classic Zucchini Bread
- large mixing bowl
- box grater
- loaf pan
- Wire Rack
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cups sugar
- 1 ¼ cups fresh zucchini squash washed and grated
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar for topping
- Pre-heat oven to 350°. Grease loaf baking pan with butter or oil. I
- In a large mixing bowl, blend together dry ingredients, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs and butter. Add dry ingredients mixture gradually.
- Add the shredded zucchini to the dry ingredients.
- Pour into loaf pan. Bake 35-40 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Makes one delicious loaf. Let cool a little bit before slicing.
- This recipe may also be used to make muffins.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share great recipes for the season that the entire family is sure to love and also a few things that I don’t share here. I will email you only once a week as I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!