This easy Zucchini Muffins Recipe is perfect for breakfast or brunch or even as a light dessert.
Made in about 30 minutes with fresh zucchini, it is a light, buttery muffin the will leave you wanting another.
Hello Friends! How is your week going? Are you enjoying the late summer season?
I have been enjoying the long days and beautiful evenings. Our sky turns into a pastel background on most summer days
Today’s recipe is an easy one when you are looking for a tasty way to celebrate the season and use fresh produce. These homemade zucchini muffins use mostly ingredients from your pantry with fresh zucchini.
If you are growing zucchini or have access to it, this is a nice recipe to incorporate the squash into your meal.
What I love about these muffins is that they are light, buttery, and delicious! They are a nice treat for family and friends too!
These muffins just take a few main ingredients:
Zucchini – If you have zucchini in your garden – lucky you! If you buy it from the farmers market or grocery store, keep in mind that l stay fresh for four or five days if you store it in a plastic bag in the refrigerator,
Butter – Friends, I always use real butter in my recipes. While margarine will work too, there is nothing like the flavor of true butter in a recipe.
Flour – I recommend using all-purpose flour for this recipe. No need for cake flour.
Variations on this recipe.
Chocolate Zucchini Bread – You can add 3/4 cups of melted semi-sweet chocolate chips to the batter before baking.
How to make Zucchini Muffins
The full recipe is below, but here is an overview of the basic steps.
- Shred zucchini with a grater, no need to peel it but wash the zucchini first.
- Place grated zucchini on a cheesecloth or paper towel.
- Squeeze out the excess water.
- Measure zucchini for recipe.
5. Mix eggs and sugar.
6. Add zucchini and remaining ingredients
7. Place in lined muffin tins. I prefer these baking liners for muffins.
9. Bake as directed.
Zucchini Muffins Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups fresh zucchini squash, washed and grated
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar for topping
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°. Grease loaf baking pan with butter or oil. In a mixing bowl, blend together dry ingredients, butter, and eggs.
2. Add the shredded zucchini to the dry ingredients.
3. Pour into lined muffin tins. Bake 35-40 minutes until toothpick comes out clean
- This recipe is so easy to make and you can make the dry ingredient base ahead of time and just add the zucchini and wet ingredients.
- You can freeze the shredded zucchini in an airtight container until ready to use. This is a great way to store zucchini if you have it in abundance.
- Use muffin baking liners for easy cleanup. They allow for the muffin to overflow nicely upward, for a more bakery-style muffin.
Also, be sure to try my latest muffin recipe for Double Chocolate Chip Muffins!
Best All Bran Muffins – These healthy muffins are so delicious and easy to make.
They are delicious!
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.