A delicious Cranberry Muffins recipe for a bakery style muffin filled bursting with cranberries. This easy muffin recipe is made with fresh cranberries, chopped pears, and a few other simple ingredients.
I love sharing simple breakfast recipes for and this is a fun breakfast bread or lunch box snack you will love. These homemade cranberry muffins from scratch have a crumble topping and taste amazing.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
This simple muffin recipe is easy to make and delicious. This recipe can be made in about 45 minutes or less if you have your ingredients all ready to go.
These easy cranberry muffins taste like the flavors of the season in a muffin. Great on a holiday breakfast table or at a holdiay brunch.
These festive muffins taste better (and are cheaper!) than store-bought options.
They are the perfect everyday snack for the whole family.
Great way to use up leftover cranberries
Ingredients For Cranberry Muffins
This recipe only requires a few ingredients.
Flour - I use an all-purpose flour
Cranberries - I loke to use fresh cranberries.
Sugar - This recipe uses both brown sugar and white sugar.
Coconut oil - You can use canola oil or vegetable oil as a substitute.
Baking Seasonings – Cinnamon, baking soda, and salt
Equipment and Kitchen Tools Needed
- large bowl
- muffin tin
- paper muffin cups or cupcake liners
- small bowl
- electric hand mixer or stand mixer
- measuring cup
How to Make Cranberry Pear Muffins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Add buttermilk to a large bowl.
- Add vanilla,
- Add eggs and blend well. Set aside In a second bowl, sift the dry ingredients (flour, sugars, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon).
- Once the wet ingredients are combined, add the dry ingredients by combining the flour mixture with the buttermilk mixture.
- Add in the melted coconut oil and mix with whisk until well combined.
- Add in the chopped nuts.
7. Add the chopped pears.
8. Fold the muffin batter until the fruit is well incorporated. Spoon into muffin cups. Fill ¾ of the liner with the muffin mixture,
9. For the streusel, add in all of the streusel ingredients into a separate bowl.
10. Combine until the mixture is clumping and can hold shape.
11. Fill the remaining ¼ space with the streusel mixture making sure to not pack it down.
12. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Check with a toothpick to be sure the muffins are fully cooked. Cool on a wire rack
Variations, Notes and Substitutions
- Frozen cranberries can be used in place of fresh ones.
- You can make some festive cranberry orange muffins by replacing the pears with orange pieces.
- Add your favorite icing to the top of the muffins. Be sure to wait until muffins have cooled to room temperature before frosting.
Pro Tips and Timesaver Shortcuts
- Be sure that you use cooled syrup to the recipe.
- You can store the syrup in a plastic squeeze bottle for easy use.
- You can make mini muffins by baking in a mini muffin pan.
Serving, Storage & Leftover Suggestions
- These are delicious with a little butter or cream cheese.
- Store leftover muffins in an airtight container.
Can you use dried cranberries for this recipe?
Yes, you can freeze the syrup in sealed a freezer-safe container.
What Fruits are Comparable to Cranberries?
There are so many delicious fruits you can use such as apples, cherries, apricots, and raspberries.
More Easy Muffin Recipes
- All Bran Muffins
- Double Chocolate Chip Muffins.
- Banana Crunch Muffins,
- Lemon Breakfast Muffins
- Pumpkin Streusel Muffins.
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe.
Cranberry Muffins with Pear
- ½ cup Buttermilk
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1½ cup All-purpose flour
- ½ cup Granulated sugar
- ¼ cup Brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon Baking soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoon Coconut oil- melted
- ¾ cup Pear- cored and chopped roughly 1 large pear
- ¾ cup Cranberries- roughly chopped
- ½ cup Almonds- chopped
- ½ cup All-purpose flour
- ½ cup Granulated sugar
- ¼ cup Brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 5 Tablespoons Butter- melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place paper liners in muffin tin.
- Start by mixing the wet ingredients in a mixing bowl (buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla).
- Once well combined, sift the dry ingredients into the wet (flour, sugars, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon).
- Add in the melted coconut oil and mix until well combined.
- Once combined, add in the chopped fruits and nuts.
- Fold until well incorporated.
- For the streusel, add in all of the ingredients into a separate bowl.
- Combine until the mixture is clumping and can hold shape.
- Prepare a muffin pan with liners and add in the muffin mixture.
- Fill ¾ of the liner with the muffin mixture,
- Fill the remaining ¼ space with the streusel mixture making sure to not pack it down.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Check with a toothpick to be sure the muffins are fully cooked.
- Top with your favorite icing and fresh cranberries.
We hope you enjoyed this delicious easy muffin recipe. If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe to the newsletter here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.