When we got back from a trip recently, I came home to some overripe bananas. These were a little riper than I like, but I really try not to waste food, so it was time to make my sweet banana muffins.
I have made many quick banana muffins through the years, and this recipe for Sweet Banana Muffins is my favorite. I tend to rework recipes until they are to my liking because life is too short to eat sub-par food. These are topped with a lovely crunchy brown sugar topping.
Bananas can be frozen when they are overripe and used later. They are perfect to be used for smoothies, bread and muffins. I used to just throw them out, but now I freeze them once they get a little spotty.
The muffins come together quite easily,
Within minutes you will have a nice muffin for breakfast or a snack.
These are sweet and simple and that brown sugar topping is everything!
For more easy muffin recipes, be sure to check out these:
- All Bran Muffins - My favorite bran muffins for a delicious breakfast treat with fiber.
- Easy Pineapple Muffins – These beautiful sunny citrus muffins are a perfect way to start the day.
- Sweet Banana Muffins– Perfect banana muffins with a light cinnamon crunch topping.
- Crumb Top Carrot Muffins – A family favorite and a great way to incorporate carrots.
- Double Chocolate Chip Muffins - This is the best double chocolate chip muffin recipe!
- Lemon Bakery-style Muffins - Our reader's favorite muffin recipe - it's been pinned thousands of times.
Did you go on any weekend trips this summer? Where did you go?
Banana Muffins Recipe
Sweet Banana Muffins
- 2 bananas
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1. Preheat oven to 375. Coat muffin tin with butter or non-stick spray.
- 2. Mix dry ingredients for muffins together in a mixing bowl.
- 3. In a separate bowl, mash the banana and add the egg. Combine until blended.
- 4. Mix topping together in a small bowl.
- 5. Top muffins with topping (recipe below)
- 6, Bake 23-25 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean.
Muffin Crumb Topping Recipe
¼ cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons flour
2 tablespoons butter, cut
Mix together topping and put a spoonful in each muffin, over batter.
If you love bananas, try my Favorite Baked Banana pudding for a delicious dessert idea!
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.