This Easy Carrot Muffin Recipe will have your family hopping to the table for more!
Hello Friends! Are you on Spring Break this week? We are at our schools and I have to say, it brings back great memories of going to the beach, hanging out with friends and getting that thirst for summer.
Are you loving spring like I am? To me, this time of year makes me think of carrot muffins, lemons and blueberries. These easy carrot muffins are a standby in my home when I need a sweet snack that envelopes the flavors of the season.
This easy carrot muffins recipe has more of a spice flavor and is more to me what a muffin should be. A nice sweetness at the brunch or lunch table, but not quite as sweet as a cupcake. They look perfect on a brunch or breakfast table, or at an afternoon tea.
My kids also loved to find them in their lunchbox. These moist carrot muffins are a nice addition to meals because they capture the flavors of the season in a simple, subtle way.
Easy Carrot Muffin Recipe
Easy Carrot Muffin Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- Preheat oven to 375 °
- Line muffin tin with baking cups
- In a bowl, mix together eggs, milk, applesauce, and vanilla until blended.
- Add flour, sugars, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add melted butter and blend well.
- Spoon batter into muffin tin.
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of topping on each muffin (recipe follows)
- Bake 23-26 minutes until toothpick comes out clean
Muffin Crumb Topping Recipe
1/4 cup cold butter
1/4 cup flour
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon white sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Mix together ingredients in small bowl. You can use two knives or a pastry blender works too. Use this crumb mixture to top muffins before baking.
- Shred carrots the night before.
- Pre-measure the dry ingredients the night before and store in a zippered plastic bag.
- You can make mini muffins by filling a mini-muffin tin and baking them about ⅓ of the time. This pretty much applies to most muffin recipes.
Whole wheat carrot muffins by replacing the half of the flour with whole-wheat flour. If you try to use all whole wheat flour, it does not come out very well.
I hope you enjoyed this simple, quick recipe idea. For more great muffin recipes, check out our
Easy Blueberry Muffins – A light blueberry muffin that tastes best with fresh blueberries!
Pineapple Muffins – Bring the tropical breeze home with these easy refreshing muffins
Chocolate Marshmallow Muffins– A family favorite and perfect for a sweet snack.
What’s your favorite flavor this season?