This Easy Carrot Muffin Recipe will have your family hopping to the table for more! They are delicious and very easy to make. I love to make them in the morning for a breakfast snack.
These muffins are a perfect breakfast or brunch bread idea. They are also great as a lunchbox snack. Be sure to check out the time-saving tips below the recipe.
Hello Friends! Are you on Spring Break this week? We are at our schools and I have to say, it brings back great memories of going to the beach, hanging out with friends and getting that thirst for summer.
Are you loving spring like I am? To me, this time of year makes me think of Carrot desserts, lemons, and blueberries. These easy carrot muffins are a standby in my home when I need a sweet snack that envelopes the flavors of the season.
This easy carrot muffins recipe has more of a mild spicy flavor and is more to me what a muffin should be. A nice sweetness at the brunch or lunch table, but not quite as sweet as a cupcake.
They look perfect on a brunch or breakfast table, or at an afternoon tea.They also are great on the go for those busy days when you know you will need a snack mid-day.
My kids also loved to find them in their lunchbox. These moist carrot muffins are a nice addition to meals because they capture the flavors of the season in a simple, subtle way.
For more great muffin recipes, check out:
Easy Pineapple Muffins – These beautiful sunny citrus muffins are a perfect way to start the day.
Sweet Banana Muffins– Perfect banana muffins with a light cinnamon crunch topping.
Sweet Strawberry Muffins – A family favorite and a great way to enjoy strawberries.
Don't forget to pin this recipe.
- Shred carrots the night before.
- Pre-measure the dry ingredients the night before and store in a zippered plastic bag.
- You can make mini muffins by filling a mini-muffin tin and baking them about ⅓ of the time. This pretty much applies to most muffin recipes.
- Some people like to grease muffin tins for the muffins, but I really prefer using kraft paper liners. They help to ensure that muffin comes out clean and they save on clean up too!
- Whole wheat carrot muffins by replacing the half of the flour with whole-wheat flour. If you try to use all whole wheat flour, it does not come out very well.
I hope you enjoyed this simple, quick recipe idea.
More Easy Muffin Recipes
Easy Blueberry Muffins - A light blueberry muffin that tastes best with fresh blueberries!
Pineapple Muffins - Bring the tropical breeze home with these easy refreshing muffins
Chocolate Marshmallow Muffins- A family favorite and perfect for a sweet snack.
Easy Carrot Muffin Recipe
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ¾ cups shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- ¼ cup butter melted
- ½ cup flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat oven to 375 ° f.
- Line muffin tin with baking cups
- In a bowl, mix together eggs, buttermilk, applesauce, and vanilla until blended.
- Add flour, sugars, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add carrots and melted butter and blend well.
- Spoon batter into muffin tin.
- Cut butter into small pieces and place in a bowl
- Add flour, sugars and cinnamon and blend until course crumbs form.
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of topping on each muffin (recipe follows)
- Bake 25-28 minutes until toothpick comes out clean
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share easy recipes for the season that the entire family is sure to love and also a few things that I don’t share here.