This Easy Carrot Muffin Recipe will have your family hopping to the table for more! They are not delicious but very easy to make. I love to make them in the morning for a breakfast snack.
Hello Friends! Are you on Spring Break this week? We are at our schools and I have to say, it brings back great memories of going to the beach, hanging out with friends and getting that thirst for summer.
Are you loving spring like I am? To me, this time of year makes me think of carrot muffins, lemons, and blueberries. These easy carrot muffins are a standby in my home when I need a sweet snack that envelopes the flavors of the season.
This easy carrot muffins recipe has more of a mild spicy flavor and is more to me what a muffin should be. A nice sweetness at the brunch or lunch table, but not quite as sweet as a cupcake.
They look perfect on a brunch or breakfast table, or at an afternoon tea.They also are great on the go for those busy days when you know you will need a snack mid-day.
My kids also loved to find them in their lunchbox. These moist carrot muffins are a nice addition to meals because they capture the flavors of the season in a simple, subtle way.
For more great muffin recipes, check out:
Easy Pineapple Muffins – These beautiful sunny citrus muffins are a perfect way to start the day.
Sweet Banana Muffins– Perfect banana muffins with a light cinnamon crunch topping.
Sweet Strawberry Muffins – A family favorite and a great way to enjoy strawberries.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe.
Easy Carrot Muffin Recipe
Easy Carrot Muffin Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- Preheat oven to 375 °
- Line muffin tin with baking cups
- In a bowl, mix together eggs, milk, applesauce, and vanilla until blended.
- Add flour, sugars, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
Add melted butter and carrots and blend well.
- Spoon batter into muffin tin.
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of topping on each muffin (recipe follows)
- Bake 23-26 minutes until toothpick comes out clean
Muffin Crumb Topping Recipe
1/4 cup cold butter
1/4 cup flour
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon white sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Mix together ingredients in small bowl. You can use two knives or a pastry blender works too. Use this crumb mixture to top muffins before baking.
- Shred carrots the night before.
- Pre-measure the dry ingredients the night before and store in a zippered plastic bag.
- You can make mini muffins by filling a mini-muffin tin and baking them about ⅓ of the time. This pretty much applies to most muffin recipes.
- Some people like to grease muffin tins for the muffins, but I really prefer using kraft paper liners. They help to ensure that muffin comes out clean and they save on clean up too!
Whole wheat carrot muffins by replacing the half of the flour with whole-wheat flour. If you try to use all whole wheat flour, it does not come out very well.
I hope you enjoyed this simple, quick recipe idea. For more great muffin recipes, check out our
Easy Blueberry Muffins – A light blueberry muffin that tastes best with fresh blueberries!
Pineapple Muffins – Bring the tropical breeze home with these easy refreshing muffins
Chocolate Marshmallow Muffins– A family favorite and perfect for a sweet snack.
What’s your favorite flavor this season?