These easy Almond Cookies are great for any day! April 9th is Almond Cookie Day, so let's celebrate with these simple almond biscuits!
This cookie was one of my mother's favorites and I think of her every time I make them. This is one of my favorite almond cookie recipes.
These are made with simple ingredients you likely have in your kitchen already.
Almond cookies are one of my mom's favorite cookies and I cannot wait to share this recipe. These cookies are great with a cup of tea and have lots of almond flavor.
But I have to mention that April 9th marks another important day here at Organized Island.
April marks my blogversary! I want to thank all of you for your visits, comments, and emails! Also thanks for connecting on social. If you are following me on Instagram, let me know. That is where I share the latest happenings and behind the scenes shopping and dining.
I started this blog to share tips on making the most of your time. It is a special day, so I thought it would be fun to celebrate with cookies! These delicious almond butter cookies are really good.
These are fun and festive almond biscuits with a nice almond flavor and are mildly sweet. They truly taste just like the Chinese Almond Cookies that you find at a restaurant.
These cookies are light and airy and slightly crisp and the almond taste is delicious. These are perfect for tea or dessert and make a nice treat to bake for friends. I received this recipe from a friend whose family owned a bakery near Chinatown many years ago.
Ingredients for Buttery Almond Cookies
- flour - I use all purpose flour.
- butter - for best results use room temperature butter
- sugar - I use granulated sugar
- eggs - (1 egg will need to be separated as egg whites are used for an egg wash)
- almond extract
- baking powder and baling soda
- large mixing bowl
- parchment papper
- baking sheet
- wire rack
- hand or stand mixer (optional)
How To Make Almond Cookies
- Heat oven to 350 decrees f.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar.
- Add egg and almond extract.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well (on medium speed if using a mixer).
- Once cookie dough is combined, roll into 1-inch balls.
- Place cookie balls on prepared cookie sheet and press down with a small glass
- Press a sliced almond on top of each cookie.
- Brush with egg wash.
- Bake as directed until golden brown. Let cool on rack.
- Store Almond Shortbread cookies in an airtight container.
More Easy Cookie Recipes
- Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies– delicious and perfect! This recipe was from a friend whose father owned a bakery.
- Delicious Oatmeal Raisin Cookies - Soft and chewy and entirely delicious!
- Southern Snickerdoodles - It took me years to perfect this recipe, but they are wonderful!
- Chocolate Chip cookies - a favorite take on a classic.
- Crisp Sugar Cookies - These are the perfect sugar cookie for sprinkling with sugar or icing.
- Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies - A soft chocolate chip cookie with dried cranberries - perfect for the season!
Pro Tips and Timesaver Shortcuts
- Use softened butter for easy blending. Leave butter at room temperature for at least 15 minutes or place in the microwave for not more than 8 seconds.
- You can make mix the dry ingredients ahead of time and prepare with the other ingredients when you are ready to bake.
After baking, let cook and you can freeze them for later.
- Since I first posted this recipe, I have had people ask if they could substitute almond flour in this recipe. For Almond Flour Cookies, you can substitute almond flour, but I recommend boosting the baking soda to 1 teaspoon.
Variations, Notes, and Substitutions
- You can substitute 1 teaspoon vanilla extract for 1 teaspoon almond extract if you don't have any, but for the almond flavor I suggest picking up some almond extract.
Can Almond Cookies Be Frozen?
- Yes store up to four weeks in an airtight container.
Serving and Storage Suggestions
- Store them in a freezer-safe storage container or bag labeled with the date.
Easy Almond Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons almond extract
- ¼ cup of sliced almonds
- 1 egg white beaten
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar, then add egg and almond extract.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a separate bowl. Blend flour mixtuure into butter mixture.
- Roll into 1" balls and place on cookie sheet at least 1" apart. You will need to use your hands to work ingredients together.
- Press cookies to flatten.
- Brush cookies with egg white and Press an almond on top of each cookie.,
- Bake for 15-17 minutes. Let cool on a baking sheet a couple of minutes. Makes about 2 dozen.
Let cool on a baking sheet a couple of minutes. Makes about 2 dozen.
We hope you loved almond butter cookies recipe! If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
What are you celebrating this month?