Sharing is caring!
This is really the best ever chocolate chip cookie recipe! I have tried many chocolate chip cookie recipes and if you like soft, flavorful chocolate chip cookies, this recipe rules.
This recipe can be doubled and trust me, you will get asked for the recipe!
Did you know that May 15th is National Chocolate Chip Day? Not that I needed an excuse to make these delicious cookies, but it sure does not hurt right? I am making these because I have not baked cookies in a while.
These are really good by the way, my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe ever.
This recipe was given to me by a sorority sister (are there any Gamma Phi Betas in the house?), a very long time ago. Before smartphones, …before cell phones, …before email….see told you it was a long time ago. Anyway, these cookies are super delicious and worth trying.
For more easy cake mix cookie recipes, check out:
Simple Lemon Cookies recipe makes the loveliest light, lemon cookies!
Soft Snickerdoodles – light cinnamon cookies that are like air!
Award Sugar Cookie Recipe – this recipe makes the perfect, crisp sugar cookie!
And for a fun twist, try these fun milk and cookie shots.
Honestly, you need to try this recipe if you love chocolate chip cookies.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Ingredients
Chocolate Chips–I use semi-sweet baking chips, but milk chocolate chips work well too! Your choice.
Butter – I always prefer real butter for this recipe. You can use unsalted if you want to reduce the sodium, but I typically use salted butter for this recipe. Margarine will work too!
Sugar – You will need both brown sugar and white sugar for this recipe.
Flour – I use all-purpose for this recipe.
Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe!
Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies
Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/3 sticks butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- Gradually add dry ingredients (except chips) to the creamed mixture.
- Finally, add chocolate chips and combine.
- Roll into 1" balls onto greased or parchment covered cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 - 12 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Happy Chocolate Chip Day!
More Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes
- Monster Chocolate Chip Cookies – these large cookies are perfect for the big cookie lovers!
- Chocolate Chip M & M Cookies – A lovely favorite that you can change up for each holiday
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies – This recipe makes soft and CHEWY cookies.
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies – These are absolutely delicious as a combination cookie!
- Doubletree Chocolate Chip Cookies – The classic recipe from the Doubletree hotel.
- Easy S’mores Cookies are a perfect way to celebrate the flavors of smores! Made easily in minutes and they are delicious!
- Milk and Cookie Shots – A fun twist on a cookie recipe!
More Easy Cookie Recipes
- Nutella Cookies – Thin and delicious hazelnut cookies and super easy to make.
- Soft Snickerdoodle cookies – light cinnamon cookies that are like air!
- Simple Lemon Cookies – light and just tart enough!
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
What kind of cookies are your favorites?