A delicious Monster Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe that makes soft and thick cookies! This monster cookie recipe is easy and only requires about 30 minutes from start to finish.
These thick chocolate chip cookies are delicious homestyle drop cookies that will satisfy that cookie craving with its monster size.
Why This Recipe?
This easy cookie recipe makes soft, thick chocolatey cookies. They are even soft on the second day which to me makes it a winner in my book
These jumbo chocolate chip cookies are full of flavor. Perfect for a lunch box snack, dessert, or a cookie exchange. This recipe is easy to make and does not require any dough chilling.
These rich, soft cookies are so delicious and are the perfect recipe for a barbecue or picnic too!
Monster cookies are bakery-style cookies that will satisfy your favorite cookie-lover.
Monster Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients
You will just need a few ingredients for this recipe.
Butter - I use unslated. You will want old butter for this recipe at room temperature.
sugar - you will need both white and brown sugar for this recipe
Flour - I use All-purpose flour
Spices - salt, baking soda, cornstarch and vanilla are used in this recipe.
chocolate chips - a combination of semi-sweet and milk chocolate chips work best in this recipe. I also like to top these with mini chocolate chips.
Kitchen Tools and Equipment Needed
- Stand Mixer & Paddle Attachment
- Large mixing bowl
- Measuring cup
- baking sheet or cookie sheet
- parchment paper
- Cookie Scoop - honestly these are the best cookie scoops and will last you years!
How to Make Monster Chocolate Chip Cookies
The full instructions are below, but the basic steps for this easy recipe are below.
- Mix together the cold butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a stand mixer or large bowl.
- Mix on medium to high speed for 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla to the butter mixture, mix until incorporated. Then add in the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
Using a large cookie scooper, scoop evenly sized balls of dough. Roll the dough in the mini chip and
space out on the parchment-lined baking sheets.
Bake as directed and let cool on a cooling rack. The cookies will spread out on the sheet and be large.
Timesaving Tips to make this perfect every time
- For best results, use a cookie/ice cream scoop to make nice, round, even-sized cookies.
- To keep your cookies big and thick, wait until your cookie sheets have cooled before scooping out your dough. This prevents them from starting to spread out before getting in the oven.
- Cool 2 minutes on the baking sheet before removing to a rack.
- ,For a fun variation, you can use white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Store cookies in plastic wrap or in an air-tight container.
Can Monster Cookies Be Frozen?
Yes, you can freeze baked cookies after they have cooled.
Why are they called Monster Cookies?
I have heard that they are called Monster cookies because they larger than most cookies.
Can You make Monster cookies from cake mix?
Yes, but they do not come out as well.
Why are my monster cookies falling apart?
More Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes
Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe - A bakery-style chocolate chip cookie.
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies - A soft, chewy homestyle chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Doubletree Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe - the original recipe from the Doubletree hotel.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies - These are a wonderful combination - soft and chewy!
Peanut Butter Cookies
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe!
Monster Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 stick cold, chopped, unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cup All Purpose Flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add cold butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar to stand mixer. Mix on medium to high speed for 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla, mix until incorporated.
- Add in flour, salt, baking soda and corn starch, mix wellDough will be very thick.
- Pour in milk chocolate chips and stir in with a wooden spoon or rubber spatulaUsing a large cookie scooper, scoop evenly sized balls of dough.
- Roll the dough in the mini chip and space out on the parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 mins or until golden brown. Cooking time may vary by oven.
- Allow to cool 5-10 mins before serving
I hope you loved these best monster cookies.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!