These Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect cookies at any time of year. I love that these are light and crispy and taste delicious.
These Chocolate Chip Cookies came about when I played with my favorite Traditional Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe.
Hello Friends! How is your week going? We have been trying to get outdoors as often as we can and are doing the best to get back to a new normal, whatever that is.
I have been just craving all kinds of sweets and chocolate lately so the other day I decided to “play” with my traditional cookie recipe to make a more chewy and less cake-like cookie.
The taste is still wonderful, but because these have a little more butter, the cookie is thinner.
What is the result? Thin Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookies are nice for an afternoon treat or lunch box idea.
It’s all in the dough!
List of main ingredients:
Chocolate Chips–I use semi-sweet baking chips, but milk chocolate chips work well too! Your choice.
Butter – I always prefer real butter for this recipe. You can use unsalted if you want to reduce the sodium, but I typically use salted butter for this recipe. Margarine will work too!
Variations on this recipe.
You can add nuts to the recipe if you wish or make them with mini-chips.
For more great cookie recipes, check out:
- These Easy S’mores Cookies are a perfect way to celebrate the flavors of smores! Made easily in minutes and they are delicious!
- Nutella cookies – These are so amazing especially if you know someone who loves hazelnut!
- Soft Snickerdoodles – light cinnamon cookies that are like air!
- Best Ever Chocolate Chip cookie recipe – a favorite for years and the best chocolate chip cookie recipe!
Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe!
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/4 sticks butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix together first 5 ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients.
3. Gradually add dry ingredients (except chips) to the creamed mixture.
4. Finally, add chocolate chips and combine.
5. Roll into 1" balls onto greased or parchment covered cookie sheet.
6. Bake 11 - 13 minutes until light brown.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this Best Chewy chocolate chip recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram, and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.