This is my best snickerdoodles cookie recipe ever! I have been making these for years and it took a lot of tast testing to get these to be just right.
These snickerdoodles are soft, light and delicious. I have been asked for the recipe dozens of times over the years and today I am excited to share it with you. These go perfectly with a nice cup of cinnamon hot chocolate too!
It has been a whirlwind of activities lately. Our trip to Europe was wonderful and so inspiring! It is so great to step away from everything you know and get out to explore new cities. I find traveling so revitalizing and I cannot wait to share my experience with you.
But first, cookies!
I have honestly missed baking while on my travels. That did not stop me from eating bavarian-cream filled sweets, but I just missed some foods from home and also missed baking something myself.
So we are celebrating being back home with these soft and light Snickerdoodles!
This easy Snickerdoodle recipe is one I have adapted numerous times over the years and we love them. These snickerdoodle cookies are soft and cake-like cinnamon bundles of joy and go perfectly with coffee, tea, and lemonade.
This is the best recipe after several iterations over the years.
Other great cookies recipes you might enjoy:
Best Ever Oatmeal Cookies – So good like you remember!
Easy Peanut butter cookies – these cookies come together with just three ingredients!
Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe – delicious and perfect!
Best Snickerdoodles Recipe
- 1 cup butter 2 sticks, softened
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- In mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugar and eggs. Mix dry ingredients separately and gradually incorporate into butter mixture. Chill dough at least 1 hour.
- While dough is chilling, prepare topping by mixing cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Form into balls and roll in topping mixture. Drop by teaspoonful onto a greased or parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes until golden.
While I love to travel, there is no place like home. What food do you miss most when traveling?