This classic snickerdoodle recipe is my very favorite! I have been making these for years and it took a lot of tast testing to get these to be just right.
These snickerdoodles are soft, light and delicious. I have been asked for the recipe dozens of times over the years and today I am excited to share it with you. These go perfectly with a nice cup of cinnamon hot chocolate too!
Why this Classic Snickerdoodles Recipe?
This is one of my favorite cookie recipes. You mix the dough and cover the little rolled balls with a cinnamon sugar mixture before baking. The result is a soft, chewy cookie with a chewy texture with a light cinnamon flavor!
I have honestly missed baking while on my travels. This classic snickerdoodles recipe is so good, its like comfort food.
These little balls of dough bake into the best snickerdoodles I ever had.
This easy Snickerdoodle recipe is one I have adapted numerous times over the years and we love them. These chewy snickerdoodle cookies are soft and cake-like cinnamon bundles of joy and go perfectly with coffee, tea, and lemonade.
Ingredients for Classic Snickerdoodles
cream of tarter – made from egg whites
This is the best recipe after several iterations over the years.
How To Make Classic Snickerdoodles
- In a large bowl, mix wet ingredients, add flour mixture ingredients, except for cinnamon and sugar.
- Place cinnamon-sugar mixture in a separate bowl. Using a spoon to roll into balls, dip cookie dougn balls in cinnamon sugar topping and roll to coat.
- Place cookie dough balls on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake and let cool on a wire rack.
Best Classic Snickerdoodles Recipe
- 1 cup butter 2 sticks, softened
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- In mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugar and eggs. Mix dry ingredients separately and gradually incorporate into butter mixture. Chill dough at least 1 hour.
- While dough is chilling, prepare topping by mixing cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Form into balls and roll in topping mixture. Drop by teaspoonful onto a greased or parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes until golden.
Expert Tips and Timesavers
- For best results, make sure eggs and butter are at room temperature
- Store cooled cookies in an airtight container
- You can make the snickerdoodle cookie dough the day before. Just wrap and refrigerate.
- Use a cookie scoop for even, round cookies.
- You can line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
More Classic Cookie Recipes
Best Ever Oatmeal Cookies – So good like you remember!
Easy Peanut butter cookies – these cookies come together with just three ingredients!
Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe – delicious and perfect!
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see my collection of recipes, check out my recipe index.
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
While I love to travel, there is no place like home. What food do you miss most when traveling?