It is award season and this award sugar cookie recipe is a great treat to have on hand at your award viewing party!
Hello Friends! One of the things I love about this time of year is watching the awards shows. Now that the holidays are over I can now relax and enjoy the season and all of the awards shows that will soon be airing. So I have time to award myself and my family with some fun cookies. These sugar cookies are my favorite when I am looking for a crisp, thin, sugar cookie.
Check out these fun and simple cookies that are perfect for a viewing party.
For this recipe I recommend using this star cookie cutter.
Award Sugar Cookie Recipe
Thin Sugar Cookie Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 egg
- Mix together sugar, butter vanilla and egg and milk.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Mix well (for best results use an electric mixer or your hands)
- Roll dough into a ball and cover with waxed paper.
- Chill dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Roll out dough to 1/4" thickness and cut with cookie cutter.
- Place on greased, non-stick or parchment covered cookie sheet.
- Top each cookie with colored sugar sprinkles.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until edges are golden brown.
What do you like to stock up on?