These award sugar cookies are great any time of year! It is award season and this award sugar cookie recipe is a great treat to have on hand at your award viewing party!
We love these cookies because they are perfect for decorating with sprinkles or candies for any season.
Hello Friends! One of the things I love about this time of year is watching the awards shows. Now that the holidays are over I can now relax and enjoy the season and all of the awards shows that will soon be airing. So I have time to award myself and my family with some fun cookies. These sugar cookies are my favorite when I am looking for a crisp, thin, sugar cookie.
Check out these fun and simple cookies that are perfect for a viewing party.
For more fun cookie recipes, check out:
- Ginger drops -Delicious ginger and molasses cookies.
- Snowball cookies – One of my favorites dusted in powdered sugar!
- Peppermint Crunch cookies –With just a hint of candy cane flavor!
- Crisp Christmas Sugar Cookies – Light and crispy cookies, perfect for cookie cutters.
- Soft Snickerdoodles – light cinnamon cookies that are like air!
- Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe – delicious and perfect!
For this recipe I recommend using this star cookie cutter.
Award Sugar Cookie Recipe
Thin Sugar Cookie Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 egg
- Mix together sugar, butter vanilla and egg and milk.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Mix well (for best results use an electric mixer or your hands)
- Roll dough into a ball and cover with waxed paper.
- Chill dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Roll out dough to 1/4" thickness and cut with cookie cutter.
- Place on greased, non-stick or parchment covered cookie sheet.
- Top each cookie with colored sugar sprinkles.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until edges are golden brown.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
What do you like to stock up on?