These easy chewy gingerbread cookies are so good and perfect this time of year! We've taken out the shortening and made a few revisions for a delicious holiday Molasses Crinkle cookie!
While these cookies have lots of names - ginger drops, ginger cookies, Molasses Crinkle Cookies, they are all a wonderful soft ginger cookie for the season.
Hello Friends! It's the prime baking season and we love baking treats this time of year. I am happy to say that shopping is nearly done and now it is all about baking and socializing. This is an update from a recipe I posted a few years ago and is still a favorite.
Today I am sharing an easy cookie recipe. These cookies are soft and moist and are great during the holiday season. They are one of my daughter's favorite cookies ever. These cookies are great for making gingerbread men and are known as molasses crinkles, as well.
Why You Will Love this Recipe
What is great about these cookies is that you can use them two ways. I like to use them for drop cookies and used the other half of the dough for a rolled cookie. These go great with a cold glass of milk.
They are perfect for cookie exchanges, desserts or cookies for Santa. Light and just chewy enough, they encompass everything spice and nice for the holiday season. We like to make cookie platters and take them to friends and neighbors during the holiday season.
Use parchment paper for easy cleanup.
Roll dough in sugar before baking for a nice crinkle-top
More Great Cookie Recipes
- Soft Snickerdoodles – light cinnamon cookies that are like air!
- Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe – delicious and perfect!
- Reindeer Cookies - So cute and easy to make!
- Iced Toffee Cookies - Delicious soft toffee cookie with a light icing.
- Crisp Christmas Sugar Cookies - A holiday favorite.
- Simple Lemon Cookies – light and just tart enough!
Easy Molasses Crinkle Cookies
Ginger Crinkle Cookies
- ¾ cup butter softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons sugar for dipping dough
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix butter, sugar (except for that for dipping), egg, and molasses.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Roll dough into balls about the size of a quarter in diameter. Roll balls in sugar before baking.
- Bake 10-12 minutes. Let cookies cool.
If you like, you can top with powdered sugar or frost with some buttercream icing. Even without icing these cookies are delicious.
What is your family's favorite cookie?
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.