These simple reindeer cookies are a fun holiday food idea! Reindeer-themed treats are always a hit at the dessert table and will bring a smile to guests' faces!
These are easy cookies for kids to decorate. Let then have some fun decorating these for a fun holiday activity. Be sure to try my Gingerbread Reindeer cookies too!
Happy Monday Friends!
I hope you are feeling all of the holiday feels right now! I just got my holiday cards out and the gifts are getting wrapped. This is always a fun time of year, and while this year is different, it can't take away from the festiveness of the season.
Today’s Christmas cookie recipe is an easy one when you are looking for a fun cookie to put together quickly. these are fun as cookies for Santa or as part of a holiday cookie tray. Cookie exchanges are another way to enjoy these sugar cookies.
Change up the antlers and eyes to make more variations of these reindeer cookies!
For more great holiday dessert recipes, check out:
- Reindeer Donut Holes - An easy treat made with donut holes.
- Easy Homemade Fudge - Four ingredients make this delicious fudge recipe perfect for gift-giving.
- Almond Roca Copy Cat Recipe – The delicious taste of Almond Roca made from scratch by you!
- Milk Chocolate Bark – This delicious milk chocolate bark makes a great dessert or gift idea.
- Homemade Salted Peanut Clusters – this is the best peanut clusters recipe ever and so so easy to make!
You just need a few ingredients for this fun cookie.
Sugar Cookie Dough– If you are pressed for time, you can use store-bought sugar cookie dough. Or you can use this recipe.
Chocolate Chips – You can use either milk chocolate or semisweet chocolate chips.
Mini Pretzels – I like to use the chocolate covered mini-pretzels to decorate these cookies. These coated mini pretzels make for festive cookies. If using plain mini pretzels, you will need a way to make them stick to the cookie. A dab of melted chocolate will do.
Coated Chocolate Candies - you will want to use red candies for the noses.
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Cookie Racks - for cooling
How to make Reindeer Cookies
Then while still warm, press in eyes, nose and pretzel antlers.
More Reindeer Recipes
- 1 package Sugar cookie dough
- 36 Chocolate covered mini pretzels
- 18 Red chocolate coated candies
- 36 Semisweet or milk chocolate chips
- Make sugar cookies according to package directions.
- Using a cookie scoop or ice cream scoop, form balls with the cookie dough. (the bigger the scoop, the bigger the cookie)
- Press down on the top and gently pinch in the sides forming an upside-down cone/triangular shape.
- Place on parchment-lined cookie sheet.Bake on 350 for 8-12 mins until the sides are turning golden.
- Allow cookies to cool on sheet pan for 5-7 minutes
- Add the chocolate covered pretzels (antlers), milk chocolate chips (eyes) and red M&m (nose)
- Allow to fully cool another 10 mins before serving.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.