These Chocolate chip M&M Cookies are a perfect way to celebrate any holiday. Incorporating M & M Candies into a basic cookie recipe can make for a simple dessert to celebrate the season.
Chocolate chip m and m cookies can be created for any holiday or special occasion.This recipe is adapted from the m&m cookie recipe on bag.
These cookies are not only easy, but they are also a nice flavor change from traditional chocolate chip cookies. Milk chocolate candies make these cookies extra special. When the seasons change, you can change up the candies too!
We love sharing easy cookie recipes! Be sure to check out my time-saving tips after the recipe.
Hello Friends! Are you baking a bunch like me? A friend of mine asked me for the M&M cookie recipe the other day so I thought I would share it here. Today’s recipe is an easy one when you are looking for a fun and festive cookie to put together quickly.
I love simple recipes like this one, because I can use ingredients I already have on hand and the amount of clean up is minimal. You can even order the chips online in team colors or wedding colors to make them even more special!
Ingredients for Chocolate M and M Cookies
This recipe uses items you likely have on hand, but I want to highlight a couple of them:
Candies– of course, they are the star of this show. I like to use the milk chocolate variety, but you can switch up the type of chocolate candy used for this.
Butter - Friends, if I have taught you anything, it is to always use real butter if possible. It truly makes the best-tasting cookies. However, if there is a food allergy or other dietary restrictions, margarine or a substitute will work as well.
Equipment and Kitchen Tools Needed
- large mixing bowl
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
- wire rack
How to make M & M Chocolate Chip Cookies
The basic cookie batter is simple to make but the trick is when you are shaping the cookies.
In order to get a more decorated cookie, you want to reserve half of the candies and press them into the rolled balls before baking. They will appear more evident on the cookie after baking.
This way they candies are more visible and not covered up with the cookie dough.
Variations on this recipe.
As I mentioned, you can change up the candy variety in this recipe.
For more great cookie recipes ideas
- Simple Lemon Cookie makes the loveliest light, lemon cookies!
- Nutella cookies - These are so amazing especially if you know someone who loves hazelnut!
- Soft Snickerdoodles – light cinnamon cookies that are like air!
- Best Ever Chocolate Chip cookie recipe – a favorite for years and the best chocolate chip cookie recipe!
- Monster Chocolate Chip Cookies - these large cookies are perfect for the big cookie lovers!
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe.
- Use parchment paper for easy clean-up.
- Don't let your dough get too soft, the cookie dough needs to be firm when rolling up. Place in the refrigerator for a few minutes if dough becomes too sticky.
- You can make the batter ahead of time and chill it until ready for use.
- Don't use a mixer for this recipe as it tends to break up the chocolate pieces.
- If you prefer higher cookies that spread less, vegetable shortening may be substituted for the butter, or just use a combination of half butter and half shortening.
Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies
Chocolate Chip M&M
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup M&M Candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter, eggs, and sugars.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt and mix well.
- Fold in gently ½ cup of candies and mix.
- Form dough into balls and add 2-3 chips to the exterior of each ball.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool before serving.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.