These Hot Chocolate Cookies make for a wonderful cookie to warm up with! Chocolate goodness in a cookie form makes them great for a cozy day or evening
If you love chocolate cookies, this hot chocolate cookies recipe is for you! They are easy to make and delicious!
Are you enjoying the season, now that it is officially winter? Winter vibes for me are all about hot chocolate, a warm blanket, and cookies! It’s the season of coziness and these cookies make for a tasty treat.
I have been baking up a storm and honestly, I just love to do it this time of year. The aroma of baking cookies pairs nicely with the cold weather and my holiday tunes. I have discovered so many great holiday playlists lately and am happy that there are so many great Christmas songs out now.
This cookie recipe is perfect for the season.
Thes go well with hot chocolate, milk or coffee.
For more great cookie recipes ideas, check out these:
- Snowball Cookies – also known as Russian Teacakes or Mexican Wedding cookies, these are the bomb!
- Crisp Christmas Sugar Cookies – Light and crispy cookies, perfect for cookie cutters.
- Soft Snickerdoodles – light cinnamon cookies that are like air!
- Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe – delicious and perfect!
All of these cookies only take a few ingredients, just like this one.
List of main ingredients:
Hot Chocolate Mix – You will want to use this hot chocolate mix recipe for these cookies.
Flour –I used an all-purpose flour for this recipe.
Marshmallow Bits – INestle’s use to make these and they were in grocery stores, but they have not been around lately, I like to use these mini marshmallows for recipes.
How to make Hot Chocolate Cookies
The full recipe is below, but the basic steps are:
- Cream the sugar and butter.
- Add the egg and vanilla
- Add the hot chocolate mix
- Blend well.
And then bake.
Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe!
Hot Chocolate Cookies
- 1 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup hot chocolate mix
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips, milk or semi-sweet
- ½ cup marshmallow bits
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mat
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and hot cocoa mix
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until well combined and fluffy
Add egg and vanilla extract and beat until well combined
Gradually add dry mixture and beat until well combined
Stir in chocolate chips and mallow bits
Scoop dough using a cookie dough scoop or tablespoon and place on prepared baking sheet
Bake for 8-10 minutes
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 54Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 62mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g
- Make the hot chocolate mix ahead of time so it is ready for you when you make these cookies.
- Use parchment paper on the cookie sheet to save energy on clean up
- Store these cookies in an airtight container once cooled.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.