This easy hashbrown casserole recipe is perfect for a side dish any time of year! Made easily with just a few ingredients, this is a classic recipe that I have made many times over the years.
This is a delicious potatoes recipe and it is also sometimes known as cornflake potatoes because of the cornflake topping.
Happy Winter Solstice! It will be the longest evening of the year and kicks off the official start of winter. After today we will see a little more sunlight each day
Today’s recipe is an easy one when you are looking for a comforting side dish to put together quickly. I lfirst made these in junior high school in home economics. I have been making these ever since.
Ths recipe is great with chicken, beef and pork.
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out:
- Easy Scalloped Potatoes - Simple scalloped potatoes are so easy to make from scratch. Try this easy recipe!
- Potato Wedges – Super easy to make and there are lots of varieties to this recipe.
- Baked Sweet Potatoes – A wonderful fall favorite that is more savory than sweet.
- Chorizo Potatoes – A flavorful twist on potatoes that is great for breakfast too!
You just need a few ingredients for this potato casserole.
List of main ingredients:
Potatoes – This is so easy, just find the hash brown potatoes in the freezer section of your grocery market. I use the plain version.
Cheese – Cheddar cheese works perfectly in this recipe.
Cream of Chicken Soup– This recipe is a great use of this soup.
How to make a Hashbrown Casserole
The full recipe is below, but it is basically:
- Place all ingredients but cereal into a bowl.
- Blend well.
- Pour into a casserole dish.
- Crush the cornflakes.
Then top with corn flakes before baking.
So delicious! Don't forget to bookmark this recipe!
Hashbrown Casserole Recipe
- 1 32 oz package frozen hashbrown potatoes, cubed
- ½ cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1 can 10.5 oz cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 3 cups corn flakes cereal crushed
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
Lightly spray 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray
In a large bowl, add hashbrowns, cheese, soup, sour cream,mayonnaise and seasonings
Mix until well combined
Spread evenly into baking dish
Melt butter in a medium size microwave safe bowl
Crush cornflakes and add to butter, mix until well combined
Sprinkle over hashbrown mixture
Bake for 60-90 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly
Store leftovers in refrigerator
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.