A package of muffin mix is all you need to make delicious muffin mix pancakes. I am going to show you how to make delicious pancakes out of a pre-made muffin mix.Jump to Recipe
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Quick & Easy Recipe This shortcut breakfast recipe is perfect for busy mornings. All you need is a package of muffin mix and a little bit of milk.
Versatile - I used a blueberry muffin mix, but you can use different flavors of muffin mix to make these. They are the easiest pancakes ever.
Inexpensive I can often get muffin mix at a great discount. It ends up costing me a lot less than pancake mix. This is one of those great recipes that allow you to feed the entire family for a couple of bucks.
Just a few simple ingredients are needed. I used a muffin mix intended for blueberry pancakes.
- dry muffin mix
- butter or cooking spray
See recipe card for quantities.
Making pancakes with muffin ix is one of the easiest breakfast ideas.
Pour muffin mix into a medium or large bowl. Preheat griddle or skillet.
Add milk and egg. Use a wooden spoon or a whisk to remove large lump. If you are not using a non-stick pan, you may want to use a little cooking spray.
Pour pancake batter onto hot griddle. Use about half of one cup batter for each medium-sized pancake. Cook on medium-low heat until bubbles form. Check bottom of pancake. Flip when golden brown.
Check bottom of pancake. Flip when golden brown and cook until both sides are golden.
Substitutions & Variations
- Thicker pancake- If you like a thicker pancake, use a little less milk.
- Fun pancake Toppings - some of my favorite pancake toppings are: syrup, fresh fruit, chocolate chips, Nutella, jam, whipped cream.
- Chocolate chip pancakes- substitute a chocolate chip muffin mix for the blueberry mix. With this recipe, you can change it up to your favorite flavor of muffin mix and turn then into pancakes!
- mixing bowl
- large skillet or a hot griddle
- flat spatula
- spoon or whisk
Serving Suggestions and Storage
For busy weekdays, serve as is, but if you have a couple of minutes, I have found that by adding a few fresh blueberries, they really level up the pancakes.
Serve with fresh fruit or maple syrup.
Store leftover pancakes in the freezer in an airtight container or in freezer bags.
Absolutely! This is one of those double duty recipe ideas. I find that muffin mix is way cheaper when on sale.
More Easy Breakfast Ideas
Muffin Mix Pancakes
- 6.5 oz package blueberry muffin mix
- ⅔ cup milk
- 1 large egg
- Heat a griddle or skillet to medium low. Grease if you are not using a nonstick surface.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients and stir well.
- Pour a small amount onto the griddle or pan and cook for 2-4 minutes, until all of the edges have bubbled.
- Flip, then cook for an additional 2-4 minutes.
- Your pancakes should be golden.
- Serve with butter and/or syrup if desired.
I hope you enjoyed this blueberry muffin mix pancakes.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share delicious recipes for the season and a few things that I don’t share here. I email you only once a week as I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!