This easy Egg Breakfast Sandwich recipe is perfect for mornings when you want something with protein and eggs. Easy to make ahead and warm up in the microwave too.
Breakfast sandwiches are a great quick meal idea. A cheese and egg combination sits in a crunchy toast sandwich.
You can change it up easily too.
Why This Recipe
Tasty - Bacon eggs and toast are combined for a wonderful breakfast idea. It's a great way to star the day.
Quick - This easy breakfast egg sandwich recipe can be made in just a couple of minutes and it is portable too so a great recipe when on the go!
Simple - this is one of those easy breakfast sandwich recipes you will use over and over again.
- 2 slices of bread - You can use toasted white bread or wheat bread, a toasted english muffin or sourdough bread or a bagel.
- fried egg - I use one egg per breakfast sandwich. I recommend large eggs.
- bacon - crispy bacon makes the sandwich. You can use regular, low-sodium or turkey bacon.
- cheese - I love to use Medium Cheddar cheese or sharp cheddar cheese, but you can change it up.
- black pepper (optional)
Substitutions and Variations
You can change up the bread as mentioned above.
Add some sliced red onions or fresh tomato to the sandwich
Change up the cheese and use American cheese, Gouda cheese or pepper jack.
Sausage patties or Canadian bacon can be a substitute for bacon.
You can make a soft scramble egg instead of fried. Just place egg mixture on the bread when cooked.
How to Make an Egg Breakfast Sandwich
- Cook the bacon and set aside.
- Fry egg in a large skillet or frying pan on medium low heat.
- Toast the bread slices
- Break the egg for a less runny egg yolk and flip over. Place cheese on top of egg.
- Slide egg onto toasted bread and add bacon and second piece of bread.
More Easy Breakfast Recipes:
- Easy Egg Salad - A fan favorite saved over 6,000 times.
- Chili Relleno Casserole - A delicious green chili casserole with ground beef.
- Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs - How to make perfect hard-boiled eggs.
- Chorizo and Egg Burritos – Delicious breakfast burritos that you can make ahead.
- Easy Bacon Quiche Recipe – A lovely breakfast or brunch idea.
- Best Avocado Toast - A delicious avocado toast topped with bacon and tomatoes.
Egg Breakfast Sandwich
- large nonstick skillet
- 2 eggs
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 oz sliced cheese
- 4 slices bread
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Prepare bacon in microwave or on stovetop and drain.
- Toast bread.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and fry the egg 2-3 minutes over medium heat until white is set.
- Just before turning over the egg, break the yolk with the spatula.
- Top egg with small slice of cheese and cook an additional 45-75 seconds.
- Place egg and cheese on one slice of bread. Add 1 ½ strips of bacon. Top with a second slice of bread and serve.
For more easy recipes, check out my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!