This easy Egg Breakfast Sandwich recipe is perfect for mornings when you want something with protein and eggs. Easy to make ahead and warm up in the microwave too.
I make this breakfast a couple of times a month. It is flavorful and easy to put together. You can change it up easily too, but it is always tasty.
Good Morning Friends!
I hope you are doing well! I have been busy organizing my pantry and putting away the last of the holiday decorations. Spring will be here in no time and I for one am ready for it. With the hopes of travel starting again soon, it gives me hope for more exploration soon.
Today’s breakfast sandwich recipe is an easy one when you are looking for a tasty breakfast to put together quickly. I love simple recipes like this one because I can use ingredients I already have on hand and the amount of clean up is minimal. I
I cannot tell you how much we love these sandwiches. Crispy bacon, cheese, eggs and bread make for a perfect breakfast idea.
You can also wrap these up in foil and enjoy them on a road trip.
For more great egg recipes, check out:
- Easy Egg Salad – A fan favorite saved over 6,000 times.
- Chili Relleno Casserole – A delicious green chili casserole with ground beef.
- Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs – How to make perfect hard-boiled eggs.
- Chorizo and Egg Burritos – Delicious breakfast burritos that you can make ahead.
- Easy Bacon Quiche Recipe – A lovely breakfast or brunch idea.
Just a few ingredients are needed for this recipe:
Eggs – I use one egg per breakfast sandwich. I recommend large Grade A eggs.
Bacon – This makes the sandwich. You can use regular, low-sodium or turkey bacon.
Cheese– My favorite is Medium Cheddar for this recipe.
Bread – I use regular sliced white bread, but you can use wheat or sourdough or even a bagel.
How to Make a Bacon Egg Sandwich
The full recipe is below, but building the sandwich is easy.
- Toast bread while making bacon
- Fry egg.
- Flip egg and add cheese.
- Build the sandwich.
Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe:
Egg Breakfast Sandwich
- 2 eggs
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 oz sliced cheese
- 4 slices bread
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Prepare bacon in microwave or on stovetop and drain.
- Toast bread.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and fry the egg 2-3 minutes until white is set.
- Just before turning over the egg, break the yolk with the spatula.
- Top egg with small cheese slice and cook an additional 45-75 seconds.
- Place egg and cheese on one slice of bread. Add 1 1/2 strips of bacon. Top with a second slice of bread and serve.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.