These simple Breakfast Burritos are not only easy to make, they are deliciously filled with eggs, chorizo and cheese. These hot and cheesy burritos are the perfect way to start the day.
Chorizo just adds a little bit of spice to make this savory breakfast a wonderful change from regular eggs. These are also great because you can wrap them up and take on the go too!
Hello friends! Today I am sharing a quick grab and go breakfast idea. Of course you can eat these at home too. Either way, these chorizo and egg burritos make a delicious breakfast idea.
Our family has been cooking with chorizo for years and when I was a kid, I didn’t like it, but now as an adult, I love it and cook with it often.
One thing that I can say I have done nearly every day of my life, is to eat breakfast. I find I am more alert and less distracted if I have breakfast in the morning. My recipe for chorizo and egg breakfast burritos is so simple to make and they are delicious!
These Breakfast Burritos are made with 4 simple ingredients and can be made ahead of time. They are one of our favorite weekend recipes and my tip is to make these on Sunday morning and keep a few extras in the refrigerator for the workweek.
These breakfast burritos go great with salsa or potatoes too!
For more great breakfast recipes, check out:
Bacon Hash Browns – A delicious and memorable breakfast side dish that has been pinned thousands of times.
Chili Relleno Casserole – perfect for breakfast, brunch or dinner and delicious with mild green chilis.
Bacon Sausage Breakfast Tacos – A wonderful breakfast twist on the traditional taco recipe. Great for a breakfast bar set up.
Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe.
Chorizo and Egg Breakfast Burritos
- 4 flour tortillas
- 6 eggs
- 3 oz chorizo
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Remove chorizo from the casing.
- Place 3 ounces of chorizo (I use beef but you can use pork or soy too) in a non-stick frying pan and heat over medium-low heat until cooked through.
- While sausage is cooking, beat eggs in a separate bowl until fluffy. Once the sausage is cooked, drain and fold in scrambled eggs. Stir pan consistently until eggs are cooked.
- Remove from heat.
- Warm up the flour tortillas. You can do this on the stove (can use a skillet or flat iron), or in the microwave.
- Spoon egg and chorizo mixture into the tortilla and sprinkle with cheese. Roll up into a burrito. Be sure to tuck the bottom in, before you roll. Repeat with remaining tortillas and egg mixture.
- To make ahead, wrap prepared burritos in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator. Microwave to warm up.
- You can use pre-shredded cheese to save time too!
- These burritos can also be made with additional items such as avocado, peppers, beans, and onions for the days you have extra time.
You can serve with salsa and sour cream if you wish. This takes only minutes to make and they taste great.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
Are you a breakfast eater or a breakfast skipper?