This easy Salsa Chicken is perfect for those busy evenings when dinner is a last-minute decision. With only a few ingredients, you can have a delicious chicken dinner on the table.
I like to top the salsa chicken with a little sour cream or crema fresca and then serve it with rice or beans. Honestly this Salsa chicken recipe doesn’t get any easier!
Has school started for you yet? Our school does not start until after Labor Day, so I am trying to make the most of these last few weeks of summer.
It has been so much fun and I have nearly hit everything that was on my Summer Bucket List. We just got back from a wonderful weekend in Northern California. It was so beautiful there in the Russian River area.
When we got home, there were few groceries in the house, so I put together a meal that required very few ingredients. This recipe is a great weeknight recipe for those days that you just want something simple and delicious.
You can adjust the level of spiciness to your family’s liking by changing up the bottled salsa.
This recipe just takes a few ingredients and about 30 minutes to make.
Ingredients for this recipe:
Chicken – You want to use boneless chicken breasts or chicken tenders for this recipe. If you use chicken tenders, the recipe will bake quicker.
Tortilla Chips – I use whatever I have on hand.
Salsa – you can use a red salsa, green salsa or a combination of both for this recipe.
Cheese – I used a mixture of cheddar and Monterey Jack Cheese. You can use either or both.
How to make Salsa Chicken
The full recipe is below, but the basic steps are:
- Coat chicken with honey glaze.
- Toss into a bag with tortilla chips to coat
- Place in pan and pour salsa on top.
- Add cheese and bake.
For more great Chicken recipes:
- Chicken Piccata – A delicious and easy recipe with a mild lemon flavor.
- Chicken Enchiladas Verde – Made with a creamy Chili Verde sauce.
- Chicken and Rice Soup – A longtime family favorite
- Creamy Chicken Pasta with Chipotle Sauce -so easy with a kick of spice!
Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe for later!
Salsa Chicken Recipe
1. Crush the tortilla chips (I use a baggie for this) and preheat oven to 350 degrees. 2. Coat a baking pan with butter or margarine.
3. Mix oil, juice, and honey together in a flat bowl. Dip chicken breasts (or tenders into mixture and coat in tortilla chips (again in the baggie).
4. Place chicken in oven and cook 10 - 13 minutes. Ten minutes for tenders, longer for breasts.
5. Pour salsa on chicken and top with shredded cheese. Return to oven.
6. Bake an additional 10 - 15 minutes.
1. Crush the tortilla chips (I use a baggie for this) and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Coat a baking pan with butter or margarine.
If this recipe looks familiar, I am a Momitforward.com contributer and this post was originally featured at Momitforward.com on 7/25/13 here.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
Has school started for you?