This easy Crispy Thai Garlic Chicken Recipe makes a great quick weeknight meal. Tender pieces of chicken in a seasoned peanut butter sauce.
I love to serve this with rice, but noodles work too! You can even throw in a few chopped vegetables if you have them on hand.
This is one of my Easy Chicken Dinner Recipes you will want to bookmark.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Simple Ingredients simple recipe. This is a really easy Thai recipe that doesn't require a lot of effort. I do not use fish sauce or oyster sauce in this recipe, just a few key ingredients that I typically have on hand.
Quick. This Thai Garlic Chicken recipe is an easy one when you are looking to put dinner or lunch on the table quickly. It is great for busy weeknights.
Versatile. This is a very basic recipe for Thai chicken One of my favorite things about this recipe, is you can add vegetables such as bell pepper, onions or squash easily. You can also spice it up with some chili oil or red pepper flakes.
Crispy Thai chicken just takes a fewf main ingredients:
Chicken Breasts – Boneless Chicken breast or breast tenders (which are usually cheaper), work best for this recipe.
Bread Crumbs –You will want to use plain bread crumbs for this recipe. You can use boxed or homemade crumbs made out of stale bread or crackers.
Peanut Butter – You will want to use creamy peanut butter for this recipe. I have not tried it with almond butter.
Garlic Cloves - Use fresh if possible, and chop garlic or use a garlic press.
Sesame Oil -
Soy Sauce - from your grocery store, you can use light soy sauce or a dark soy sauce.
The key is in the marinade and breading.
How to make Crispy Thai Chicken
The full recipe follows, but here is a summary of the steps:
- Make the peanut sauce in a small bowl.
- Set sauce aside.
- Prepare the breading.
- Bread chicken pieces after dipping in egg.
- Stir fry chicken over medium high heat, and then add peanut sauce and cook a bit more. Stir with a slotted spoon
Once you have prepped, it just takes just a few minutes.
Serve over white rice, brown rice or rice noodles. To keep the meal low carb, pair with a side of green beans, asparagus or cauliflower rice.
You can also serve with some chopped fresh basil or a fried egg on top.
Crispy Thai Chicken Recipe
- Cut the chicken ahead of time and keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- You can also omit the sauce and the end result is incredibly delicious too. A little bit of sauce goes a long way.
- Prepare the sauce in the morning and save some prep time.
Make sure the wok is properly seasoned and hot before adding the chicken. Be sure to add a small amount of oil to the wok before adding the chicken, and stir-fry the chicken quickly and constantly to prevent it from sticking.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
I like to serve it over rice, but it goes great with green vegetables for a low carb option.
More Easy Chicken Recipes
- Cheesy Chicken Tetrazzini recipe is perfect for a fall evening. Made with fresh mushrooms, chicken and Parmesan cheese, it is a comforting classic casserole.
- Chicken Piccata - With a subtle lemon flavor and made on your stovetop in about 30 minutes.
- Chicken Bacon Gouda Pasta - If you love Gouda cheese, this easy chicken dinner idea is for you!
- Chicken Tortilla Soup - Incredibly easy and incredibly good. Seriously as good as the kind you find in a restaurant.
- Chicken Piccata - A delicious and easy recipe with a mild lemon flavor.
- Chicken Enchiladas Verde – Made with a creamy Chili Verde sauce.
- Chicken and Rice Soup – A longtime family favorite
- Creamy Chicken Pasta with Chipotle Sauce -so easy with a kick of spice!
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta - A family favorite with bacon and a delicious ranch flavor!
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
Thai Garlic Chicken
- 2 Chicken breasts cut into small pieces
- 1 Egg
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 Cup flour
- ½ Cup breadcrumbs
- 1-2 garlic cloves crushed
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons broth
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Pinch of turmeric
- In a small bowl combine the peanut butter with the soy sauce, broth, ginger, cumin, crushed garlic cloves and turmeric. Set aside.
- In a small bowl beat the egg with the lemon juice and set aside for breading.
- In a third bowl combine the flour with the breadcrumbs, garlic powder, ginger and salt and pepper.
- Dip the chicken into the egg and then dip in the flour mixture. Toss to coat evenly with flour.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken to the hot pan and cook for 5 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.
- Pour the peanut sauce over the chicken and cook for 3 more minutes stirring so the chicken gets evenly coated with the sauce.
- Serve over rice with chopped pepper, mint or basil sprigs and a lime wedge.
I would be curious about almond butter, or even cashew butter, but peanut is such a Thai thing so I love what you do. Looks gorgeous.