This easy Crispy Thai Chicken Recipe makes a great quick weeknight meal. Tender pieces of chicken in a seasoned peanut butter sauce.
I love to serve this with rice, but noodles work too! You can even throw in a few chopped vegetables if you have them on hand.
Wow here we are in August already! This week was a busy one for us as we went camping for a few days. It was so nice to get away under the stars and be away from home for a while.
This Thai Chicken recipe is an easy one when you are looking to put dinner or lunch on the table quickly. We love the versatility of chicken and this is another chicken favorite.
Crispy Thai chicken just takes a fewf main ingredients:
Chicken Breasts – Boneless Chicken breast or breast tenders (which are usually cheaper), work best for this recipe.
Bread Crumbs –You will want to use plain bread crumbs for this recipe. You can use boxed or homemade crumbs made out of stale bread or crackers.
Peanut Butter – You will want to use creamy peanut butter for this recipe. I have not tried it with almond butter.
The key is in the marinade and breading.
How to make Crispy Thai Chicken
The full recipe follows, but here is a summary of the steps:
- Make the peanut sauce.
- Set sauce aside.
- Prepare the breading.
- Bread chicken pieces after dipping in egg.
- Cook chicken and then add peanut sauce and cook a bit more.
Once you have prepped, it just takes just a few minutes.
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe.
Crispy Thai Chicken Recipe
Thai Crispy Chicken
- 2 Chicken breasts cut into small pieces
- 1 Egg
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 Cup flour
- ½ Cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon broth
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Pinch of turmeric
- 1. In a small bowl combine the peanut butter with the soy sauce, broth, ginger, cumin and turmeric. Set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl beat the egg with the lemon juice and set aside for breading.
- 3.In a third bowl combine the flour with the breadcrumbs, garlic powder, ginger and salt and pepper.
- 4.Dip the chicken into the egg and then dip in the flour mixture. Toss to coat evenly with flour.
- 5. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.
- 6.Pour the peanut sauce over the chicken and cook for 3 more minutes stirring so the chicken gets evenly coated with the sauce.
- 7.Serve over rice with chopped pepper, mint or basil sprigs and a lime wedge.
- Cut the chicken ahead of time and keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- You can also omit the sauce and the end result is incredibly delicious too. A little bit of sauce goes a long way.
- Prepare the sauce in the morning and save some prep time.
More Easy Chicken Recipes
- Cheesy Chicken Tetrazzini recipe is perfect for a fall evening. Made with fresh mushrooms, chicken and Parmesan cheese, it is a comforting classic casserole.
- Chicken Piccata - With a subtle lemon flavor and made on your stovetop in about 30 minutes.
- Chicken Bacon Gouda Pasta - If you love Gouda cheese, this easy chicken dinner idea is for you!
- Chicken Tortilla Soup - Incredibly easy and incredibly good. Seriously as good as the kind you find in a restaurant.
- Chicken Piccata - A delicious and easy recipe with a mild lemon flavor.
- Chicken Enchiladas Verde – Made with a creamy Chili Verde sauce.
- Chicken and Rice Soup – A longtime family favorite
- Creamy Chicken Pasta with Chipotle Sauce -so easy with a kick of spice!
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta - A family favorite with bacon and a delicious ranch flavor!
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.