This simple Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe is a really great meal that comes together quickly.
Hello Friends! It is a great time to make some soup for a meal. This homemade Tortilla Soup recipe comes together easily with flavors of chicken, tortillas, and vegetables, for a wonderful hot meal. It is a perfect winter soup as it is very comforting too. I usually make it by using a rotisserie chicken to save some time, but it can be made with baked chicken breasts or leftover cooked chicken.
If you like your soup spicy, you can add a little more chili powder, or 1/4 teaspoon of jalapenos. I would recommend that you taste it first so that it has just the right about of spice you like.
Be sure to check out our other great soup recipes on the island:
- Easy Mexicorn Chowder – This colorful and creamy soup is made in minutes and is delightfully delicious and filling.
- Potato Chipotle Soup – A tasty potato soup revved up with a little Chipotle pepper. Wonderful for a chilly day or evening.
- Homemade Chicken and Rice Soup – a classic flavorful, homestyle soup that brings back memories of simpler times.
This soup is so delicious with tortillas too!
Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
Simple Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 2 cups cooked chicken chopped
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 1 can beef broth
- 1 14 1.2 oz. can chopped tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 8 3.4 oz can Mexicorn
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup broken tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 =6 avocado slices optional
- In a pot over medium heat, add all ingredients and heat until boiling. reduce heat, over and simmer 20 minutes to allow flavors to combine.
- Serve with tortilla chips, cheese and avocado if desired.
Use rotisserie chicken if you do not have the time to make or defrost cooked chicken breasts.
Chop up the bell peppers ahead of time and store in the oven until ready to make this soup.
This soup can be made ahead as long as you don’t add the tortilla chips, cheese, and avocado until serving.
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! Also, let’s connect on Instagram and let me know you found me from the blog. It would bring me much joy!