This simple Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe is a really great meal that comes together quickly. With flavors of chicken and beef stock and vegetables, it is a very comforting soup too. I usually make it by using a rotisserie chicken but it can be made with baked chicken breasts or leftover cooked chicken.
Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 1 can beef broth
- 1 14 1.2 oz. can chopped tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 8 3.4 oz can Mexicorn
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup broken tortilla chips
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4=6 avocado slices (optional)
- In a pot over medium heat, add all ingredients and heat until boiling. reduce heat, over and simmer 20 minutes to allow flavors to combine.
- Serve with tortilla chips, cheese and avocado if desired.
If you like your soup spicy, you can add a little more chili powder, or 1/4 teaspoon of jalapenos. I would recommend that you taste it first so that it has just the right about of spice you like.