This easy corn and potato chowder recipe is a nice update of Mexican Corn Chowder. So easy and so good and this version is made with Mexicorn for a fun and colorful chowder!
Greetings! We have had a heatwave in California this week. It was 80 degrees here last week. It is usually sunny here, but not typically this hot. But it will undoubtedly cool down soon.
Did you have a sunny Christmas or a cold Christmas? One day I hope to be where it is snowing on Christmas. It's on my list of things to do someday.
Then I can make a nice hot meal. Like this fun Mexi-Corn Chowder which is a fun twist to the standard Corn Chowder. I like to add a little chili powder to spice it up, but it is not a spicy soup as is, just colorful. Great for a cold evening or for game day.
Be sure to check out our other great soup recipes on the island:
- Easy Tortilla Soup – This colorful and tasty soup is made in minutes and is delightfully delicious and filling.
- Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder - A hearty and flavorful chowder with a little kick!
- Potato Chipotle Soup – A tasty potato soup revved up with a little Chipotle pepper. Wonderful for a chilly day or evening.
- Homemade Chicken and Rice Soup – a classic flavorful, homestyle soup that brings back memories of simpler times.
It is also a nice idea for a fiesta!
f you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! Also, let's connect on Instagram. Let me know you are following from the blog so I can follow you back. It would bring me much joy!
For more great soup recipes, check out our delicious Potato Chipotle Soup a wonderful, hearty soup with potatoes and a little spice. You may also like our Easy Roasted Vegetable soup, full of fresh vegetables that you roast in just minutes in your oven.
Easy Mexican Corn Chowder
- 4 cups water
- 3 large or 4 medium potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 stalk celery finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons onion finely chopped
- 2 cups milk
- 1 11 oz. can mexicorn or tri-color corn
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder or hot sauce optional
- In a large pot, add 5 cups water, bouillon, chopped potatoes, onion, and celery. Cook over medium heat until water starts to boil. Cover and cook on low heat about 25 minutes, or until potatoes are thoroughly cooked.
Add milk, mexi-corn, salt, garlic salt, and pepper. Note: If you cannot find Mexi-corn, canned sweet corn works great too!
Simmer for 10 -15 minutes and serve. This is when I add hot sauce/chili powder, according to taste.
NOTE: Chicken or vegetable broth may be substituted for water and bouillon.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
Christmas was cold but this chowder would be perfect for the weekend - Happy New Year!
Yes it would! Happy New Year to you Antoinette!:)
This sounds perfect for a cold fall day! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for stopping by Ginny! We really like it at our house.