This Easy Roasted Vegetable Soup Recipe is comfort food at its best. Make it the day before for an easy meal!
This soup recipe is comfort food heaven. What I like about it is that you can use whatever vegetables you happen to have on hand. The soup smells wonderful when it is cooking and it goes great with sandwiches too!
This is a great quick dinner idea and is filled with fresh vegetables. I like to use what is on hand and have added different kinds depending on what is on sale. In this recipe, I used mini peppers, but you can use half a bell pepper, instead.
Easy Roasted Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 5-6 mini peppers chopped
- 1 cup zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- ½ can chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ c heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mixed together first five ingredients and a medium size zippered bag
- Add peppers, onions, zucchini, mushrooms to the bag and marinade with dressing until vegetables are coated in oil mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes until lightly brown.
- In a pot over medium heat on stove, add chicken broth, heavy cream, and vegetables from bag.
- Add tomatoes.
- Heat over medium-high heat until just boiling.
- Reduce to simmer and serve.
- Buy pre-cut vegetables like onions and mushrooms.
- Roast the vegetables ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to make the soup.
- Double the recipe for larger servings.
I hope you loved this easy lunch or dinner idea! It is great in a lunchbox thermos too!
This recipe goes great with a crusty garlic bread.We hope you enjoyed this quick and easy recipe. If you enjoyed this recipe, please consider sharing. We would love it if you did!
For more great soup recipes, check out our delicious Mexicorn Chowder a wonderful, hearty soup with potatoes and mexicorn. You may also like our Chicken Soup with Spaghetti Noodles, a perfect soup for anytime, and especially if you have family members that need a little extra comfort.
What is your favorite winter soup?