When I was a little girl, we ate a lot of Mexican food. My mom would make it nearly ever day and every Sunday dinner was spent at my grandma's home. My grandmother would make all her ingredients from scratch and spent hours in the kitchen, but oh the Mexican meals were fantastic! We would enjoy an early dinner and then listen to her pianola. That was before cell phones, hand-held electronics and even the internet. How am I that old?
With my busy life today, I do not have the time to prepare all the chilis, masa and other ingredients that my grandmother made from scratch. So I look to helpful shortcuts such as canned chipotle sauce to streamline the cooking process, without sacrificing flavor. I used La Morena chipotle chilis in this recipe.
And heavy cream slowly to mixture and heat through.
Add 2 tablespoons of cilantro to mixture and blend. Serve over hot pasta. Garnish with a few cilantro leaves enjoy!
Creamy Chicken Pasta with Chipotle Sauce
Creamy Chicken Pasta & Chipotle Sauce
- 3 chicken breasts skinless and bonless
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ can La Morena chipotle peppers in adobo sauce 7 oz
- ½ cup green or yellow bell peppers chopped (I use a combination of both)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups rigatoni pasta cooked and drained per package directions
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro 1 tablespoon will be for garnish
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook chicken in butter about four minutes each side until light brown.
- Set aside. Note: you can also use a rotisserie chicken if you like.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the ½ can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and warm through.
- Break chili peppers with spoon while cooking. Add chopped bell peppers and sauté 3 to 5 minutes.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribehere. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out myBeginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.