This easy Chicken Piccata recipe with capers comes together in minutes.
Happy Monday! This Easy Chicken Piccata recipe was shared with me at a Bunco session in my former neighborhood. It was such a treat to make and while it looks elegant on the plate, it is really quite simple to make. I am missing those Bunco evenings getting together with the neighbors. Those were fun times!
Anyhow, this Lemon Chicken Piccata recipe has been modified from the original. I have made the chicken Piccata sauce with a little less lemon, to suit my family’s tastes.
It really comes together nicely and is great served with pasta. I like this as an easy weeknight dinner idea.
We like our Chicken Piccata with capers, but you can omit them if you like.
Easy Chicken Piccata Recipe
Quick Chicken Piccata
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice about ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers rinsed and drained
On a plate or shallow pan, mix together flour, salt, pepper.
Place chicken between wax paper and pound to about ¼” thick
Rinse chicken with water.
Dredge (coat) chicken in flour mixture, once on each side.
Over medium heat, warm 2 tablespoons butter (oil ok)..
Place chicken in pan and brown each side until no longer pink in center (4-6 minutes).
Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
In skillet over medium-low heat add 1 tablespoon butter,wine, lemon juice, garlic and capers.
Smash capers to release flavor and scrap bits from bottom of chicken pan.
Return chicken breasts to the pan, add the chopped parsley and cook until heated through.
Add chicken to skillet for a minute or two and spoon sauce over chicken when serving.
- Sometimes I use garlic paste to save time.
- You can dredge the chicken and then freeze them in a freezer-safe container until ready to use.
- Make a cheaper version with chicken tenders, it may not save you time, but will likely save you money.
For more great chicken ideas you might like:
- Chicken Enchiladas Verde – Made with a creamy Chili Verde sauce.
- Chicken and Rice Soup – A longtime family favorite
- Creamy Chicken Pasta with Chipotle Sauce -so easy with a kick of spice!
Can you believe it is June already? It is such an exciting time of year and Summer will be here before you know it. We had some nice sunny days at the beach this weekend and being near the water is my happy place.
How was your weekend?