This Cheesy Chicken Tetrazzini recipe is perfect for a fall evening. Made with fresh mushrooms, chicken and Parmesan cheese, it is a comforting classic casserole.
This recipe does not include any creamy condensed soup, so you can really control the sodium and cream. This is a perfect pantry dinner and is hearty and tasty.
Hi Friends! Today's recipe is one of those old school recipes that I lighted up a bit. My grandmother used to make lots of wonderful casseroles with cream of chicken soup and they were wonderful.
In attempting to recreate some of the meals, I have tried to modify them a bit to reduce the amount of both fat and sodium. This is one of those recipes that took me a couple of times to get to where I was ready to share it.
I think you will find this chicken Tetrazzini recipe not only warm and hearty but wonderfully tasty too. I like to make it with fettuccine noodles, the can easily be substituted with spaghetti or linguine noodles if that is what you have in stock.
There is just something about a baked casserole that is so comforting!
For more easy and comforting chicken recipes, check out these:
It does not take a lot of preparation to put this on the table.
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe:
Cheesy Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe
Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe
- 8 oz. fettuccine or spaghetti
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 ½ cups mushrooms sliced
- 2 ½ cups cooked chicken or turkey, diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- On stovetop, cook and drain fettuccine (or spaghetti) noodles.
- Place in greased casserole pan.
- Top with diced chicken or turkey.
- In a saucepan melt butter and cooked sliced onions and mushrooms until tender.
- Add flour and reduce to low heat.
- Slowly add broth until boiling.
- Remove from heat and add heavy cream,
- Add salt, pepper and nutmeg to cream mixture.
- Add to cooked fettuccine mixture and mix together.
- Top with Parmesan and bread crumbs.
- Cover and cook in 350 oven 30-40 minutes.
- Remove foil and cook an additional 5-7 minutes until top is bubbly.
- Top with chopped parsley and serve.
Time-saving Tip: Use a rotisserie chicken to save some time.
Tetrazzini is a wonderful comfort food dish made with diced poultry or seafood and mushroom in a creamy Parmesan sauce. You can easily substitute cooked turkey for the chicken.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!