This Cheesy Chicken Tetrazzini recipe is perfect for a fall evening. Made with fresh mushrooms, chicken and Parmesan cheese, it is a comforting classic casserole.
This recipe does not include any creamy condensed soup, so you can really control the sodium and cream. This is a perfect pantry dinner and is hearty and tasty.
Hi Friends! Today’s recipe is one of those old school recipes that I lighted up a bit. My grandmother used to make lots of wonderful casseroles with cream of chicken soup and they were wonderful.
In attempting to recreate some of the meals, I have tried to modify them a bit to reduce the amount of both fat and sodium. This is one of those recipes that took me a couple of times to get to where I was ready to share it.
I think you will find this chicken Tetrazzini recipe not only warm and hearty but wonderfully tasty too. I like to make it with fettuccine noodles, the can easily be substituted with spaghetti or linguine noodles if that is what you have in stock.
There is just something about a baked casserole that is so comforting!
For more easy and comforting chicken recipes, check out these:
It does not take a lot of preparation to put this on the table.
Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe:
Cheesy Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe
Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe
- 8 oz. fettuccine or spaghetti
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms sliced
- 2 1/2 cups cooked chicken or turkey, diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- On stovetop, cook and drain fettuccine (or spaghetti) noodles.
- Place in greased casserole pan.
- Top with diced chicken or turkey.
- In a saucepan melt butter and cooked sliced onions and mushrooms until tender.
- Add flour and reduce to low heat.
- Slowly add broth until boiling.
- Remove from heat and add heavy cream,
- Add salt, pepper and nutmeg to cream mixture.
- Add to cooked fettuccine mixture and mix together.
- Top with Parmesan and bread crumbs.
- Cover and cook in 350 oven 30-40 minutes.
- Remove foil and cook an additional 5-7 minutes until top is bubbly.
- Top with chopped parsley and serve.
Time-saving Tip: Use a rotisserie chicken to save some time.
Tetrazzini is a wonderful comfort food dish made with diced poultry or seafood and mushroom in a creamy Parmesan sauce. You can easily substitute cooked turkey for the chicken.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
What is your favorite comfort food?