Elevate your salad game with this delightful Pear Salad with Feta recipe. Bursting with the juicy sweetness of ripe pears, the tangy flavor of feta cheese, and the crunch of assorted toppings, this salad is a perfect combination of freshness and flavor.
Whether you're looking for a light lunch or a side dish for a dinner party, this easy pear salad is a great option. Enhance your dining experience with this yummy salad, a wonderful blend of fresh ingredients, perfect for any occasion!
It is a perfect side dish for the season as flavor of pears are at their peak. The juicy pears in this salad contrasts beautifully with the Feta's tanginess.
I am a big fan of Feta and love it in salads. I hear that the best Feta in the world is in Greece. I use feta in several dishes and my Pork Chops with Feta are always a hit.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Blended flavors: This salad is the perfect combination of sweet and savory flavors.
- Quick and easy: This salad is so easy to prepare with simple ingredients, making it an ideal weekday meal.
- Versatile: You can serve it as a light lunch or as a refreshing side dish for special occasions.
- Nutrient-packed: This salad is packed full of fresh, seasonal ingredients.
- Delicious dressing: The homemade balsamic dressing adds a delicious touch.
Balsamic makes a great tasting dressing for pear salad, and I used this recipe. You can use a store-bought dressing if you are really short on time. But honestly, it takes only a few minutes to make and it is worth it.
What Pears are Best for Salads
I love using Barlett pears for salads. I like a slightly crisp, but juicy pear for my salads. Asian pears are also a nice choice for use in recipes. If I am going to bake pears, I like Anjous or Bartlett.
I love this salad, not just because of it's colors or flavors, but because it feels like fall and is full of nutrients. The crunchy nuts and pears really add flavor and texture to the salad.
You can serve this Pear salad recipe as a nice lunch idea or you can also serve as the main dish. You can add grilled chicken or steak slices to make it a heartier meal.
Ingredients for pear fall harvest salad
- Romain lettuce
- Fresh pears (peeled and chopped)
- Red onion (chopped)
- Dried cranberries
- Feta cheese crumbles
- Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
How to make this pear salad recipe
Step 1 - Wash and dry the lettuce.
Step 2 - In a mixing bowl, combine the lettuce, pear slices, and onion.Add cranberries and feta cheese and toss lightly. Serve immediately.
Tips for the Best Results
- Use a variety of pear types, like Bartlett pears or Anjou, for a diverse flavor profile.
- Adjust the quantity of cranberries and feta to suit your taste preferences.
- Toss the salad just before serving to maintain its crispness.
- Experiment with adding crunchy elements like candied pecans or crunchy walnuts for extra texture.
- You can use a bagged salad to save prep time when making this recipe.
- You can use a bottled vinegarette dressing, rather than making your own.
- Chop the onions ahead of time and keep in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
Substitutions and Variations
- Swap romaine lettuce for spring greens, baby spinach, or arugula for a peppery kick.
- Try goat cheese instead of feta for a creamier texture.
- Substitute dried cranberries with pomegranate seeds for a burst of freshness.
- Customize the dressing by adding a touch of maple syrup or Dijon mustard.
- Make this a hearty salad by adding some diced cooked chicken or steak to make this a main dish.
- You can change out the feta cheese for Gorgonzola Salad for another wonderful fall salad idea.
FAQs About This Recipe
Yes, but it's best to add the dressing just before serving to keep it fresh and crisp.
Absolutely! Experiment with goat cheese, blue cheese, or gorgonzola for varied flavors.
Absolutely. Try adding crisp apples, strawberries, or even Asian pears for a unique twist.
Yes! You can try our simple balsamic vinaigrette dressing recipe or make a simple dressing by mixing olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, a touch of maple syrup, salt, and black pepper to taste for a simple and delicious homemade dressing.
Got extra pears, make this easy Puff Pastry Pear Tart recipe!
More Easy Salad Recipes
Pear Salad with Feta Cheese
- 1 Large Bowl
- ½ head of lettuce I used a romaine blend
- 1 pear washed peeled and chopped
- 2 slices red onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese crumbles.
- Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- Wash and dry lettuce.
- In a mixing bowl, combine lettuce, pear pieces and onion.
- Add cranberries and feta cheese and toss lightly.
- Serve immediately.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share easy recipes for the season that the entire family is sure to love and also a few things that I don’t share here.