This easy skillet pork chops with feta cheese and pecans are perfect for dinner on any evening! Made easily in a single pan, these are ready in about a half an hour. This post contains affiliate links, see my full disclosure policy here.
Hello Friends! I hope you are having a wonderful week! I did a little shopping this weekend while we were out of town. I just love browsing the stores with my girlfriends. We loved looking at the sweaters and cold weather outerwear. It was a little hard to get into the cold weather mode because we were all wearing shorts, but I know the season will be here before we know it.
Today’s recipe is an easy one when you want to put dinner on the table quickly. I love skillet dinners like this one because it saves on the amount of clean up. I also love the way all the flavors come together in one pan for an easy weeknight dinner.
I personally love to make Pan-Fried Pork chops in a cast-iron skillet. I find that they come out juicy, tender, and full of flavor. If you don’t have a cast-iron skillet, you can use a regular skillet.
This recipe entails a skillet that can go into an oven for a few minutes, so be sure that your skillet is oven ready. You can also transfer the pork chops onto a cookie sheet during the last few minutes if you don’t own an oven-safe pan.
But my suggestion to you is to treat yourself to a cast-iron skillet, like this one.
These are wonderful to serve with rice or potatoes and a salad. Easy to make and you can also change up the nuts to your liking.
Be sure to check out our other Easy Pork Chop recipes on the island All of these are made on easily on your stove top:
- Skillet Pork Chops – Made with Dijon mustard and sweet onions, this is a favorite and they taste wonderful.
- Apricot Glazed Pork Chops – Sweet apricot preserves make a nice tangy sauce over the tender pork chops.
- Brown Sugar Pork Chops – Made with a brown sugar sauce, they are tangy and tender.
- Skillet Pork Chops with Tomatoes – A lovely colorful pork chop when you have some fresh tomatoes available.
I make pork chops all year round, but this time of year I find myself making them more often. Savory dishes are just so comforting this time of year and they are an easy dinner idea when schedules are busy.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, please consider it. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
How to cook Pork Chops:
I love making pork chops on the stove in a skillet, but you can also easily bake pork chops in the oven. The most important thing to keep in mind is that you want the internal temperature of the chops has reached 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
- Prechop the pecans and keep them in the freezer ahead of time. This is a great tip for using nuts in other recipes.
- Make your own Pork Chop Seasoning to use in recipes. I like a combination of salt, pepper and garlic salt.
- Use bottle minced garlic to save the time of mincing. I use it a lot in my recipes and love the flavor.
- When shopping for pork chops, look for chops that are about ¾” – 1”thick. The thin ones will mean you will need to make more of them and they are not as flavorful.
Skillet Pork Chops with Feta Cheese and Almonds
Skillet Pork Chops with Feta and Almonds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon feta cheese
- 2 tablespoon almonds, chopped
- 4 pork chops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Salt and pepper pork chops.
- Saute pork chops in skillet until brown. About 4-6 minutes.
- While chops are cooking, combine chopped almonds, chopped onions and feta cheese in a small bowl.
- Once pork chops are browned, flip over.
- Top chops with cheese and almond mixture and place pan in 350° oven until pork chops reach an internal temperature of 145°. About 8-10 minutes.
- Let rest a few minutes and serve.
Don’t forget to let your meat rest for at least 5 minutes before cutting into it.
Thanks for stopping by!