This Skillet Pork Chops with Tomatoes recipe is another great way to whip up an easy and tasty dinner in a single skillet. I made these the other day because pork chops were on sale and the only thing better than a simple recipe idea is a cheap recipe idea!
Be sure to check out the time-saving tips following the recipe. Like my Pork Chops with Cream of Mushroom soup, this is an easy one pot meal.
We had a busy week. If you have been following, you know I have been decluttering my closet and doing a little spring crafting. That is when I look to quick recipes for dinner. What I love is that I also make it a little different each time, depending on what vegetables I have on hand.
I have added bell peppers, and mozzarella cheese and even spice it up with some red pepper once in a while. But the main recipe is tasty on its own.
These are so easy when they are made on the stove top in a single pan. Makes for easy clean up too!
These saucy pork chops come out so tender and flavorful! So tender and delicious.
These pork chops come out juice and tender.
Skillet Pork Chops with Tomatoes Recipe
Be sure to check out my time-saving tips for this recipe below.
You can use prepared minced garlic in a jar. I love this shortcut to peeling and mincing garlic each time I use it.
I also will chop onions at the beginning of the week and store in a sealed container in the refrigerator. It is really helpful to have chopped onions ready.
If you are a fan of pork chop recipes, be sure to check out our other easy Pork Chop dinner recipes:
Simple Stove Top Pork Chops - A deliciously easy pork chop recipe made with dijon mustard and spices.
Saucy Pork Chops - These stovetop pork chops have a tangy apricot flavor that makes them saucy and delicious!
Pork Chops with Honey - A delicious and colorful dinner idea that comes together in minutes.
Bourbon Glazed Pork Chops - Made with just a few ingredients in a sweet bourbon glaze.
Skillet Pork Chops with Tomatoes
- 3-4 boneless pork chops ½" thick
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- ⅓ cup chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Rinse pork chops with water and pat pork chops dry with a paper towel.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt, garlic salt and black pepper
- Add pork chops to hot pan. Cook 2-3 minutes to brown chops on both sides.
- Add onions and garlic and cover skillet. Continue to cook on medium-high heat until pork chops are almost 160°F.
- Add tomatoes and basil and cook an additional 3-4 minutes on low heat.
- This dish goes well with potatoes, noodles or white rice.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!