This Skillet Pork Chops with Tomatoes recipe is another great way to whip up an easy and tasty dinner in a single skillet. I made these the other day because pork chops were on sale and the only thing better than a simple recipe idea is a cheap recipe idea!
We had a busy week. If you have been following, you know I have been decluttering my closet and doing a little spring crafting. That is when I look to quick recipes for dinner. What I love is that I also make it a little different each time, depending on what vegetables I have on hand.
I have added bell peppers, and mozzarella cheese and even spice it up with some red pepper once in a while. But the main recipe is tasty on its own.
Skillet Pork Chops with Tomatoes
- 3-4 boneless pork chops, ½" thick
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- ⅓ cup chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Heat oil over medium heat in skillet
- sprinkle pork chops with salt, garlic salt and pepper
- When hot, add pork chops to skillet
- Add onions and garlic continue to cook until pork chops are almost 160°F.
- Add tomatoes and basil and cook an additional 3-4 minutes.
- This dish goes well with potatoes, noodles or rice.
These saucy pork chops come out so tender and flavorful!
Use prepared garlic in a jar. I also will chop onions at the beginning of the week and store in a sealed container in the refrigerator. It is really helpful to have chopped onions ready.
Do you make most of your dinners on the stove or the oven?