This Easy Banana Bread is made with bananas and spices to make wonderful bakery-style bread. Topped with brown sugar, it is sure to be a hit with your family.
This is one of our favorites to make year-round. Perfect for a morning snack or even as a dessert. Be sure to check out my time-saving tips after the recipe.
Hello Friends! I hope this week finds you well. We have been doing a lot of zoom meetings with the family. We have also been watching a lot of movies on Netflix and the Hallmark Channel. I find that these shows, as crazy as some of them are, help me escape all the news for a while.
Today’s recipe is an easy one when you are looking for a tasty sweet bread to put together quickly. I love simple recipes like this one, because I can use ingredients I already have on hand and the amount of clean up is minimal. I also love the way all the flavors come together in a wonderful snack.
Ingredients for Banana Bread
Flour – I use all-purpose flour which is why I add salt and baking powder for the recipe. If you have Self-rising flour on hand you can eliminate the salt and baking powder.It really is so simple and if you use self-rising flour, this becomes a 3 ingredient biscuit recipe.
Milk – I use low-fat (2%) milk because that is what we usually have on hand. Whole milk skinned milk and canned milk also work well.
Bananas – This is the secret ingredient that brings this recipe all together.
Nuts – Of course, this is optional, but I feel that nuts really add to the bread. I used Pecans as they are my favorite for baking. Walnuts, Macadamia nuts, or almonds will also work in this recipe.
I make banana bread all year round, but this time of year I find myself making them more often. There is just something comforting about an old-school sweet bread that brings some comfort to the table.
Variations on this recipe.
As I mentioned above, you can use a variety of nuts for this recipe and it will come out great. Or, if you do not want to include nuts, you will have a loaf of wonderful banana bread without nuts.
You can also make Chocolate Chip Banana Bread by adding 1/2 cup of chocolate chips to the batter.
TASTY TIP – Sprinkle the batter with brown sugar before baking for a light, sugary crust.
For more great recipes ideas
- Drop Biscuits – No yeast or eggs needed for this wonderful buttermilk-tasting biscuit recipe.
- Best Ever Beer Bread – The easiest bread recipe ever!
- Ultimate Garlic Bread – Cheesy goodness in a simple recipe that goes well with so many casserole and pasta dishes.
- Easy Golden Corn Bread -this easy Cornbread Recipe from Cornmeal is so easy to make and is delicious! It takes the same time as a mix and tastes so good
- Classic Zucchini Bread – Made with fresh zucchini for a wonderful way to celebrate the season.
Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe
Easy Banana Bread
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
- butter, shortening or oil for greasing pan
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease a loaf pan with butter, shortening or oil
- In a large bowl, peel and mash bananas.
- Add to bowl, eggs, butter and sour cream . Mix well.
- Add flour, sugar, salt, melted butter, baking soda, baking powder and nuts and blend.
- Pour into loaf pan.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar, if desired.
- Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Chop the pecans ahead of time and keep them in the freezer until ready to use. This is a great tip for using nuts in other recipes.
- You can use mini loaf pans for this recipe. They will bake a little quicker and they are great to freeze or pass on to friends and neighbors.
- This can also be used to make muffins, just bake for around 20 -25 minutes.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.