This Banana Pudding Cheesecake has a simple homemade crust paired with a creamy and delicious cheesecake filling. This simple cheesecake dessert takes less than an hour of time to make.
I love the delicious banana flavoring of this delicious homemade cheesecake. It's one of the best ways to use up those ripe bananas and the perfect dessert for the holiday season.
WHY THIS RECIPE
This banana pudding recipe is a great way to have a homemade dessert on the table fast. The kids are going to love every bite of this insanely delicious cheesecake.
The bananas mixed with the cream cheese and sour cream create a creamy and flavorful cheesecake filling.
Banana pudding cheesecake is always a hit when served and no one has to know just how easy this is to make.
INGREDIENTS FOR PUDDING CHEESECAKE
Crushed chessman cookies - The main ingredient for the homemade crust.
Unsalted butter - If you use salted butter, omit the salt from the ingredients list.
Granulated sugar - Needed for the sweetness.
Cream cheese - Make certain to have it at room temperature so it's creamy and smooth.
Vanilla - Don't skip - this adds so much flavor.
Eggs - A great binder for the cheesecake.
Sour cream - This adds creaminess to the cheesecake filling.
Ripe bananas - Use your ripe bananas and put them to use.
HOW TO MAKE CHEESECAKE BANANA PUDDING
Step 1 - Heat oven to 350
Step 2 -Combine all crumb ingredients and press them into the bottom of an 8-inch cake pan. Bake in a 350-degree oven for 8 minutes, remove and let cool while you prepare the filling
Step 3 -Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth.
Step w - Add sugar, salt, and vanilla extract.
Step 5 -Beat until combined. Add eggs one at a time until combined to not break the emulsion.
Step 6 -Using a rubber spatula, fold in the sour cream and mashed bananas until streaks disappear.
Step 7 -Bake for 20-25 min or until the middle is set. Cool to room temperature then chill for 4 hours.
After baking and chilling, make homemade whipped cream or add store-bought whipped to the top.
- Set out the cream cheese ahead of time and let it get to room temperature. This will speed up the process and you won't have to wait.
- You can make this simple cheesecake recipe ahead of time and keep it in the fridge overnight.
- If you wanted to make this as individual servings half the recipe and follow all of the same direction using 4-6 ramekins. Cooking them in a water bath will prevent the top from cracking during back. Put the filled ramekins into a glass baking dish and then add water filling up to half way of the ramekins. Cook for the same amount of time as listed in the full cheesecake. The center should be set. Cool to room temperature and then chill for 3-4 hours before serving
CAN YOU FREEZE BANANA PUDDING CHEESECAKE?
You can. Cheesecake is one of those desserts that is super simple to freeze and thaws out great, too. Just store it in a container with a lid and keep the air away from it so that it doesn't get freezer-burnt.
HOW TO STORE CHEESECAKE BANANA PUDDING?
Once you make this cheesecake recipe, you'll need to keep it stored in the fridge until you're ready to serve. You'll also want to keep any leftovers stored in the fridge as well
Did you love this recipe?
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe to the newsletter here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
More Cool Desserts
BANANA PUDDING CHEESECAKE
- 2 cups crushed chessman cookies
- 8 tablespoon melted unsalted butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 packages cream cheese room temp
- 1 ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- 1 mashed ripe bananas
- Cookies and banana to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees f.
For the crust
- Combine all crumb ingredients and press them into the bottom of the 8-inch cake pan.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 8 mins, remove and let cool while you prepare the filling.
For the filling
- Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add sugar, salt, and vanilla extract.
- Beat until combined. Add eggs one at a time until combined to not break the emulsion.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the sour cream and mashed bananas until streaks disappear.
- Bake for 20-25 min or until the middle is set.
- Cool to room temperature then chill for 4 hours.
- Make homemade whipped cream or add store-bought whipped to the top.