This Drop Biscuit Recipe is from my grandmother's collection. These little biscuits are the perfect size for breakfast and honestly taste like buttermilk biscuits without the buttermilk. They also don't require any yeast.
This drop biscuits from scratch recipe is the perfect 5 ingredient biscuit recipe (or 3 ingredient drop biscuits if you use self-rising flour) and it is likely that you already have the ingredients in your pantry and refrigerator. These are perfect with pasta and soup dinners!
Hello Friends! Wow-what a week right? It is certainly has been challenging for us but we are doing our best to keep active and stay healthy.
Today’s recipe is an easy one when you are looking for a quick bread recipe for a side dish at breakfast, lunch or dinner. I love simple recipes like this one because I can use ingredients I already have on hand, These quick biscuits are especially great with a little butter and jam for a fun sweet trip!
Today’s recipe is a classic biscuit recipe from my grandmother's recipe book. The biscuits are light and fluffy and they taste just like buttermilk biscuits.
Ingredients for Drop Biscuit Recipe
Flour - I use all-purpose flour which is why I add salt and baking powder for the recipe. If you have Self-rising flour on hand you can eliminate the salt and baking powder.It really is so simple and if you use self-rising flour, this becomes a 3 ingredient biscuit recipe.
Milk - I use low-fat (2%) milk because that is what we usually have on hand. Whole milk skinned milk and canned milk also work well.
Mayonnaise - This is the secret ingredient that brings this recipe all together.
How to make Drop Biscuits
The full recipe is below, but it just takes a few ingredients blended together. Drop the biscuits onto a cookie sheet or muffin pan (my recommendation) and bake. It is helpful to grease the muffin pan just a little for easy clean up.
You can enjoy these in less than 30 minutes - I just love quick recipes like this!
For more great bread recipes ideas
- Best Ever Beer Bread - The easiest bread recipe ever!
- Honey Butter Biscuits - Delicious honey butter biscuits!
- Ultimate Garlic Bread – Cheesy goodness in a simple recipe that goes well with so many casserole and pasta dishes.
- Easy Golden Corn Bread -this easy Cornbread Recipe from Cornmeal is so easy to make and is delicious! It takes the same time as a mix and tastes so good
- Classic Zucchini Bread – Made with fresh zucchini for a wonderful way to celebrate the season.
- Buttermilk Biscuits - Soft, flakey biscuits that are perfect with gravy, jelly or honey.
More Bread and Biscuit Recipes
Drop Biscuit Recipe
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- Add milk and mayonnaise until well blended.
- Fill a muffin tin about halfway full
- Bake 12-14 minutes until light brown.
These also go great with chili! Try one of these chili recipes:
- Zero Points Chili Recipe – One of our top recipes, made by thousands.
- Stovetop White Chicken Chili– A quick dinner idea made on your stovetop.
- Wendy's Copycat Chili. - So delicious and easy too!
- Texas Roadhouse Rolls Copycat Recipe - just like the restaurant!
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
Planning book on Amazon.
These are awesome for our baking session that we have at home now that the kids are off of school for awhile. Both do baking at school. We made biscuits from a can the other night and the kids liked them but they did not agree with my picky sense of taste and smell right now. Too chemical-y! I gave them to Des instead.
Now these would make me happy!
Jasmine | Midsummer Life Dream
I've never heard of putting mayo in biscuits, but since mine normally come out a bit dry, this might be the trick! Can't wait to try them.
It actually works, since mayo has eggs in it. Let me know what you think!
Thanks for sharing your delicious looking biscuit recipe with us at the Snickerdoodle link party! This will be one of my features this Saturday!