This pork chops with cream of mushroom soup recipe, the pork chops are cooked in a creamy mushroom sauce made with cream of mushroom soup, beef broth, and sliced mushrooms.
Why this crock pot pork chops recipe?
This easy Smothered pork chops recipe is perfect for busy weeknights and is sure to please the whole family! Pork chops are a classic dish that can be made with a variety of different ingredients and this recipe seriously can't get any easier!
This recipe is packed full of flavor and is a great way to turn an ordinary pork chop into a delicious dinner.
The cream of mushroom soup adds a creamy sauce and the mushrooms add extra flavor.
The best part is that you only need a few simple ingredients, including canned cream of mushroom soup and thick pork chops.
Ingredients notes for cream of mushroom pork chops
- Pork chops - I feel that thick, bone-in pork chops work the best in this recipe.
- Sliced mushrooms - white mushrooms or baby Bella work the best.
See the recipe card for quantities.
How to make creamy mushroom pork chops
- Preheat oil over medium-high heat in a large nonstick skillet. Season pork with salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Sear on each side for about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove pork chops from the pan.
4. Add cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soup plus the beef broth to the pan and whisk until a sauce develops.
5. Place mushrooms and onions in the bottom of the slow cooker. Add the pork chops on top of the mushrooms and onions.
6. Make the sauce as directed.
7. Pour the sauce over the top. Cook on low for 7-8 hours or until pork is tender.
Serve with potatoes or noodles.
Time-saving and Tips for best results
- Make sure to use fresh mushrooms for the best flavor.
- It's important to use thick pork chops for this recipe, so they don't dry out.
- Cook the pork chops until they reach an internal temperature of 145 F
- For leftovers, store the pork chops in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- You can use chicken broth instead of beef broth if you prefer.
- Sprinkle some fresh parsley on the top of the pork chops for presentation.
- You can double this recipe and freeze for a second meal later in the month.
Green Vegetables such as green beans, spinach or other roasted vegetables go great with this dish. You can also serve with egg noodles, white rice, or mashed potatoes.
Yes. If you don't have a crockpot, you can make these in an oven-proof skillet or baking dish.
To add even more flavor, try adding white wine when cooking the mushrooms and onions. Another way you can add extra flavor is to add ½ packet of dry onion soup mix to the crock pot.
More great slow cooker recipes
Pork Chops with Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Frying Pan
- cutting board
- measuring spoons
- 4 thick-bone in pork chops
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 10.5 oz canned cream of mushroom soup
- 1 10.5 oz canned cream of chicken soup
- 1 14.5 oz can beef broth
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms I used white mushrooms
- ½ yellow onion thinly sliced
- Preheat oil over medium-high heat. Season pork with salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Sear on each side for about 3 mins per side.
- Remove pork chops from pan.
- Add cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soups plus the beef broth to the pan and whisk until a sauce develops.
- Place mushrooms and onions in the bottom of the slow cooker. Add the pork chops on top of the mushrooms and onions.
- Pour the sauce over top
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or until pork is tender.
- Serve with rice or potatoes.
- Olive oil - you could also use avocado oil.
- Canned beef broth - you could also use beef stock.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share easy recipes for the season and a few things that I don’t share here. I email you only once a week as I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!