This Saucy Pork Chop Recipe is one of my favorites pork chop recipes. The addition of preserves makes a nice tangy sauce over the tender pork chops.
I call this my Saucy Pork Chop Recipe because, well, that is what it is. We are huge fans of pork chops and most of my stove-top pork chop recipes have a bit of spice and a bit of sauce. I prefer this style over those with a crispy coating. This pork chop recipe has a nice caramelized coating with the help of a little apricot jam.
Most of my pork chops recipes are stove-top recipes. We are a busy family and making pork chops on the stove makes for an easy dinner and easy cleanup.
I love serving these with a little sauce on top, but you can spoon on less if desired. I love making these on the stovetop in about 30 minutes. They go well with potatoes or rice and a side salad.
Be sure to check out our other easy Pork Chop dinner recipes:
Pork Chops with Tomatoes – A skillet supper idea which combines pork chops and tomatoes for a delicious stovetop recipe.
Skillet Pork Chops – Delicious stovetop skillets with a tasty brown sugar glaze.
Pork Chops with Honey – A delicious and colorful dinner idea that comes together in minutes.
Saucy Pork Chop Recipe
Saucy Pork Chop Recipe
- 4 pork chops bone-in or boneless
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 5 green onions or scallions chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Add onions and garlic and pork chops to skillet.
- Brown both sides of pork chops, about 4-5 minutes each side or until no longer pink in the center.
- Remove pork chops and add apricot preserves to pan with onions (or scallions) and garlic.
- Add orange juice and cinnamon to skillet and simmer until thickened (about 3-4 minutes).
- Return pork chops to the skillet, turning to coat each side in the sauce; cook 1 minute.
- Serve and spoon sauce over pork chops.
For more pork chop recipes:
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
How often do you make skillet dinners?