This Saucy Pork Chop Recipe is one of my favorites pork chop recipes. The addition of preserves makes a nice tangy sauce over the tender pork chops.
I call this my Saucy Pork Chop Recipe because, well, that is what it is. We are huge fans of pork chops and most of my stove-top pork chop recipes have a bit of spice and a bit of sauce. I
prefer this style over those with a crispy coating. This pork chop recipe has a nice caramelized coating with the help of a little apricot jam.
Most of my pork chops recipes are stove-top recipes. We are a busy family and making pork chops on the stove makes for an easy dinner and easy cleanup.
I love serving these with a little sauce on top, but you can spoon on less if desired. I love making these on the stovetop in about 30 minutes. They go well with potatoes or rice and a side salad.
Be sure to check out our other easy Pork Chop dinner recipes:
Pork Chops with Tomatoes – A skillet supper idea which combines pork chops and tomatoes for a delicious stovetop recipe.
Skillet Pork Chops – Delicious stovetop skillets with a tasty brown sugar glaze.
Pork Chops with Honey – A delicious and colorful dinner idea that comes together in minutes.
Saucy Pork Chop Recipe
Saucy Pork Chop Recipe
- 4 pork chops bone-in or boneless
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 5 green onions or scallions chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Add onions and garlic and pork chops to skillet.
- Brown both sides of pork chops, about 4-5 minutes each side or until no longer pink in the center.
- Remove pork chops and add apricot preserves to pan with onions (or scallions) and garlic.
- Add orange juice and cinnamon to skillet and simmer until thickened (about 3-4 minutes).
- Return pork chops to the skillet, turning to coat each side in the sauce; cook 1 minute.
- Serve and spoon sauce over pork chops.
For more pork chop recipes:
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
How often do you make skillet dinners?