This quick and easy Tomato Cucumber Salad is perfect for a barbecue side dish or picnic salad. This time of year it is great for those outdoor gatherings because it is cool and refreshing.
I love to pack this up and take it with us to the beach. I recommend chilling the dressing for at least an hour before serving.
Why This Tomato Cucumber Salad Recipe?
Hello Friends! I hope you are enjoying your week. With the warmer weather, I have been making more salads for a cool lunch idea.
As a child, I remember not really caring for cucumber salads. They were a staple at church gatherings, school functions, and showers, but I didn't really appreciate them until I was grown up and actually liked vegetables!
Fast-forward to now and I really do have a better appreciation for fresh vegetables. This recipe uses bell peppers, but it also works well with mini peppers
This easy and creamy cucumber salad recipe is perfect for those days you want a picnic salad or a side dish for a picnic or potluck. I love to make this the night before and take it to work as a lunch salad. It is refreshing and the creamy dill dressing makes the vegetables taste great!
The salad comes together nicely in minutes! It is very colorful and a great way to incorporate the fresh vegetables from farmers markets or even your own garden!
Ingredients for Tomato Cucumber Salad
- Bell Pepper
Don't forget to save this recipe!
We hope you enjoyed this easy recipe idea! We would love for you to share it with your friends.
This also makes a great vegetable dip.
More Summer Salad Recipes
- Asian Cucumber Salad -a colorful summer salad marinated in a sesame ginger dressing. So good for dinners, potlucks, and picnics and comes together in just minutes.
- Spaghetti Salad recipe is perfect for a summer meal or side dish. Cool and refreshing with fresh seasonal vegetables.
- Updated Three Bean Salad – An updated twist on a classic salad.
- Make-Ahead Taco Salad –If you love tacos, this salad might be your new favorite.
- Creamy Macaroni Salad – One of our reader favorites that has been pinned thousands of times!
- Penne Pasta Salad - Cucumbers, bell peppers and tomatoes combine with penne pasta for a perfect summer salad
- Creamy Cucumber Salad with Mayo A delicious creamy cucumber salad.
Easy Creamy Tomato Cucumber Dressing Recipe
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons sour cream
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon Dill weed
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon sugar
Pinch of pepper
In a small bowl, mix together ingredients and add to vegetables
Tomato Cucumber Salad
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 bell pepper
- ½ red onion chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- Creamy Cucumber Salad Dressing (recipe above)
- Wash and dice cucumbers and bell peppers.
- In a bowl, add cucumbers, peppers, onion, and tomatoes.
- Add dressing (recipe below) and toss gently to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!