This Make Ahead Taco Salad recipe first appeared on Organized Island 8 years ago. This Make-Ahead Taco Salad recipe is perfect for a summer dinner or a lunch. It also makes a great lunch on the go.
With busy schedules, this also makes a perfect make and take meal.
Hello Friends! I have to say that I am grateful that I have been able to share this space with you for so many years. Time has flown by and thankfully, my photography has improved over the years.
This delicious Taco Salad recipe is very simple to make and it is full of flavor. I serve it with tortilla chips but you can serve it in a taco shell too!
List of main ingredients.
Ground Beef – The ground beef makes the best taco salad, however, you can also use cooked chicken for this recipe..
Lettuce – Iceberg lettuce or Romaine works best with this recipe.
Avocado – This is the perfect addition to this salad, but you can skip it if you like.
Cheese – I suggest using cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack.
Dressing – I use Catalina salad dressing for this recipe and it tastes great!
One of the things I love is that this is one of those Make-Ahead Taco Salad recipe which makes it perfect for spring and summer outings.
This recipe serves 6-8.
This taco salad can also be made using black beans instead of pinto beans, it just depends on your family’s tastes.
You can also add a little extra salsa for an added kick if you like.
Serve with tortilla chips or corn chips and enjoy!
For more summer salad recipes, check out:
Easy Chopped Salad Recipe – This Italian inspired recipe makes for a wonderful lunch or light dinner in itself.
Mango Arugula Salad Recipe – Argula makes a nice change up in a green salad. The addition of fresh mango makes this a delightful, colorful salad.
Easy Mediterranean Salad – Another perfectly colorful salad that brightens any table.
Don’t’ forget to bookmark or pin this recipe. We strive to help you make the most of your time with simple, tasty recipes like this one.
Make-Ahead Taco Salad
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 pkg Taco seasoning (any brand)
- 1 head of lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 small can kidney beans (rinsed & drained)
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 bottle Catalina salad dressing (any brand)
- 1 bag Corn or tortilla chips
1. Cook ground beef in a frying pan over low-medium heat until brown
. 2. Add taco seasoning mix packet, but do not add any liquid.
3. While beef is cooking, combine shredded lettuce, onion, beans, avocado, tomato, and cheese in a bowl.
4. Add ground beef to the mixture. If you are going to serve this Taco Salad the next day or later today, cover the bowl and refrigerate until serving time.
5. When you are ready to serve, add salad dressing (I use about 1/2 of a bottle, but you can add more if you like). You can also use a light Catalina dressing and it is really good. The sweetness of the dressing is a nice offset to the mild spices in the meat seasoning.
This taco salad with Catalina dressing recipe is a great salad to take to barbeques and picnics. It is crisp and refreshing and a wonderful way to use vegetables from the farmers’ market.
Store the chips and dressing separately for an easy lunch on the go!
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
What is your favorite salad for dinner?