This quick Guacamole recipe is perfect for busy evenings when you need to put together an appetizer in minutes. I usually have an avocado on hand and tortilla chips and this treat is great for TV snacking by the way!
The best part is? It takes just a couple of minutes (and just a few ingredients) to make this. It really doesn’t get much easier than that. No need to spend a lot of time whipping up an appetizer. Guacamole is great to serve with dinners such as enchiladas, tacos and quesadillas.
I like to add fresh tomatoes to my guacamole recipe, but you can omit them if you like.
This super easy guacamole recipe is a basic recipe that you can build upon it and add your own twist. This recipe is made with store-bought salsa, but you can also make it with homemade salsa. You can try it with a more hot salsa to add some more kick or make it with pepper jack cheese for a slightly different flavor.
My favorite way to eat guacamole is on taquitos, but it is also great on tacos, tostados, salads and nachos.
Are you hungry yet?
Did you know that tomorrow is National Spicy Guacamole Day? Well it is, so here you go, if you buy your avocados and they are not ripe, just put them in a brown bag for a couple of days and it will speed up the ripening process.
This recipe can be put together so quickly. I timed myself to make sure I could say 5 minute guacamole and while it takes a few minutes to pull items out, it can literally be ready in 5 minutes. This recipe can also be doubled or tripled for parties and such.
Also, I usually add a little more salsa then this, so know that you can make it even spicier by adding more or a chopped jalapeno, if you like.
Check out some of our other favorite simple and affordable appetizer recipes:
- Glazed Chicken Wings – a nice chicken wing recipe that is kid friendly and not spicy.
- Baked Jalapeno Poppers – a slightly spicy recipe that is great with cocktails.
- Hot Chorizo Dip– a nice hot appetizer for a cold day or evening. Great with tortilla chips.
- Spicy Hummus – Hummus with a little spice.
- Blue Cheese Chive Dip – a wonderful easy dip that goes with vegetables.
- Chorizo Deviled Eggs – a nice twist on traditional deviled eggs, with a touch of spice.
5 Minute Guacamole Recipe
5 Minute Guacamole Recipe
- 3 ripe avocados
- 2 medium size tomatoes chopped
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- pinch of cheddar or Mexican cheese blend
- Peel avocados and remove the seed
- In a bowl, start mashing avocados with a fork
- Add other ingredients except for cheese and blend.
- Top with cheese before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips, nachos, tacos, sooooo many choices!
Use pre-shredded cheese and store-bought salsa to save time.
You can make this an hour before serving, just make sure to store in an airtight container and store upside down (if possible) so that no air gets in until ready to serve.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.