With football season officially here, I cannot think of a better reason to make this Homemade Spicy Hummus recipe. I love hummus and the fact that it is healthier than a lot of other game day snacks. I also love it when watching TV and just general snacking.
Hummus is great with pita chips, tortilla chips, and vegetables. It is also said that chickpeas can actually lower cholesterol, so it is a good snack in my book, especially if you eat it with carrots or celery.
This Spicy Hummus recipe starts with garbanzo beans, mixed until smooth with olive oil, tahini, spices and of course hot sauce. I prefer to use Sriracha, and while this is in no way sponsored by Sriracha, it is a chili hot sauce that I love to add to a lot of food items.
The Sriracha adds a nice heat to the hummus and wakes it up, so to speak. It is one of the simple recipes that is perfect for game day tv watching or card playing or as an after-school snack.
For more Easy Dip Appetizer ideas, check out these:
- Basic Homemade Hummus – This core recipe is perfect to add your own flavors!
- Homemade Pita Bread – So delicious and easy to make!
- Easy Spinach Dip in a Bread Bowl – A classic recipe made in a sourdough bread bowl. Includes a tutorial on the bread bowls for dips and soups.
- Hot Chorizo and Chili Dip – One of our favorite green chili dips with chorizo for added flavor.
- Cream Cheese Vegetable Dip – This dip goes perfectly with vegetables for a healthy appetizer idea.
This hummus is not only great with pita chips and vegetables, it is really special on toasted bread or in a wrap. Be sure to check out my Simple Hummus Recipe
How do you like your hummus?
Spicy Hummus Recipe
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon