This Easy spinach dip recipe is perfect for game day or any day! Also sharing how to make a sourdough bowl for dips.
Hello Friends! How is the new year going for you? I have been doing some organizing and clean up for a fresh start this year. We have also been enjoying the football division playoffs. We are heading for the biggest game of the year and I am happy to say that my team is still in the running.
With football viewing, comes football food. I whipped up this simple spinach dip the other day and also took a few minutes to make the dip in a sourdough bowl.
I like serving the spinach dip recipe in a sourdough bread bowl because it just looks so appetizing. It is really easy to make and if you are wanting to see how I did it, just check below.
How to make a sourdough bowl:
First slice off the top of the bowl about 1 1/2 inches from the top. Set aside. Using a bread knife, cut through about one inch from the edge, but not cutting into the bottom of the bowl. You want to leave about an inch on the bottom. Hollow out the bread and use for dipping or croutons.
You can serve this with sourdough pieces, french bread slices, crackers, pita chips, and vegetables. It tastes great with all of them.
1 (1.8 ounces) package dry leek soup mix. This Spinach Dip is a version I make using Knorr Spinach dip. It has a few additions to the original recipe.
The dip is creamy and tasty every time!
For more great, easy appetizer recipes, check out these:
- Glazed Chicken Wings – a nice chicken wing recipe that is kid friendly and not spicy.
- Baked Jalapeno Poppers – a slightly spicy recipe that is great with cocktails.
- Spicy Hummus – Hummus with a little spice.
- Blue Cheese Chive Dip – a wonderful easy dip that goes with vegetables.
- Chorizo Deviled Eggs – a nice twist on traditional deviled eggs, with a touch of spice.
Don’t forget to pin this.
Easy Spinach Dip Recipe
- 1 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 160z container sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced onions
- 1 4 oz can water chestnuts drained and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1.4 oz packet Knorr Vegetable Recipe Mix
- 1 medium loaf of round sourdough bread
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- Thaw the spinach and drain. Put in a sieve and squeeze dry to remove excess liquid.
- In a large bowl, stir together the chopped spinach, mayonnaise, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, onions, water chestnuts, salt, pepper and dip mix.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Chop the onions ahead of time and store in a baggie in the refrigerator.
- Use pre-shredded Parmesan Cheese.
- You can prepare this ahead of time, but I would recommend not making more than one day in advance for freshness. It’s good for about three days in the refrigerator, but I recommend only making it a day in advance so it’s at peak freshness!
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.