Welcome to Day #5 of Appetizer Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Kristen from Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker. Whether you are a Broncos fan or a Seahawks fan , we wanted to make sure you had plenty of ideas for your game day spread. Each day we will be dishing up a different set of appetizers. We hope you enjoy this fabulous group of recipes. Tune in each day starting with Monday, January 20 and ending on Saturday, January 25.
There are many recipes for Jalapeno Poppers. These are not breaded and this recipe does not require any eggs. There is also no frying of any kind as these are baked. Remember, I like to keep things simple here on the island. I hope you enjoy them!
The process is really quite easy and the full recipe is below. Don’t forget to check out my time-saving tips for this recipe below. We know how to save time and want to help you when you need it..
Also be sure to check out some of our other favorite easy appetizer recipes:
- Glazed Chicken Wings – a nice chicken wing recipe that is kid-friendly and not spicy.
- Hot Chorizo Dip– a nice hot appetizer for a cold day or evening. Great with tortilla chips.
- Spicy Hummus – Hummus with a little spice.
- Blue Cheese Chive Dip – a wonderful easy dip that goes with vegetables.
- Chorizo Deviled Eggs – a nice twist on traditional deviled eggs, with a touch of spice.
In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, shredded cheese, cilantro, and cumin. Stuff each pepper with cream cheese mixture.
Mix bread crumbs and parmesan cheese together. Top each pepper with a small scoop of this mixture.
Bake for 20 – 22 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and crumbs are light brown. They are delicious!
Baked Simple Jalapeno Poppers
1 dozen jalapeno peppers, halved
1 8 oz package cream cheese
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 cup bread crumbs
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
This post contains affiliate links
- Prepare jalapenos the day before and store in the refrigerator until ready to make
- Use pre-shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Save time chopping cilantro by using dried cilantro