Welcome to Day #6 of Appetizer Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Kristen from Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker. Whether you are a Broncos fan or a Seahawks fan , we wanted to make sure you had plenty of ideas for your game day spread. Each day we will be dishing up a different set of appetizers. We hope you enjoy this fabulous group of recipes. Tune in each day starting with Monday, January 20 and ending on Saturday, January 25. Today is our final day of #AppetizerWeek. We hope you have enjoyed it as much as we have! Should we make it an annual event? I think so!
Salsa cheesecake has been around a while. The first time I made one, I was hooked on these.
This recipe is for a small cheesecake that will fit in a 5" round pan. You will want to double it to make a 9 inch cake-sized springboard pan. This smaller version works, with a few simple steps.
1 8 oz cream cheese
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
3 tablespoons bread crumbs
2 tablespoons chopped green chilis
½ teaspoon garlic salt
¼ teaspoon cumin
¼ teaspoon salt
Pre-heat oven to 325°.
In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, cheddar cheese, ¼ cup salsa, and green chili, egg and spices.
Prepare a small cake pan. line the bottom of the baking pan with a piece of parchment paper cut to size. Butter sides of baking pan.
Pour cheese mixture into pan and bake 20-25 minutes. Let cool a few minutes before attempting to remove from pan.
Use a spatula or butter knife to slowly remove from pan. Flip over onto a plate using pot holders.
Then flip again using a second plate so cheesecake is right side up. Top with remaining ¼ cup salsa and serve with tortilla chips. You can even add some sour cream on top if you like. This recipe can be doubled and is easier removed using a 9" springform baking pan.
Have you ever tasted Salsa Cheesecake?
Today's giveaway is absolutely amazing. It is a huge cookbook giveaway, one winner takes ALL. We would like to thank Healthy Slow Cooking, Scarletta Bakes, Quarry Spoon and Fair Winds Press. We appreciate all our sponsors and folks who helped put together this fabulous giveaway. This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only. Sorry to all our Canuck and International friends.
List of cookbooks up for grabs for #AppetizerWeek, one winner takes ALL:
Vegan Slow Cooking for Two or Just For You by Kathy Hester
The Great Vegan Bean Book by Kathy Hester
The Vegan Slow Cooker by Kathy Hester
The New Southwest: Classic Flavors with a Modern Twist by Meagan Micozzi
Easy as Pie Pops: Small on Size and Huge on Flavor and Fun by Andrea Smetona
Bake and Destroy: Good Food for Bad Vegans by Natalie Slater
Vegan Food Gifts by Joni Marie Newman
Whole Grain Vegan Baking by Celine Steen
Great Gluten-Free Vegan Eats From Around the World by Allyson Kramer
The Flavorful Kitchen Cookbook by Molly Krause
500 Paleo Recipes by Dana Carpenter
Paleo Sweets and Treats by Heather Connell
Fire in my Belly by Kevin Gillespie
Latin American Street Food by Sandra Gutierrez
Eat your Vegetables by Joe Yonan
Cooking Slow by Andy Schloss
***Disclaimer: This giveaway is being provided by sponsors. #AppetizerWeek bloggers have not received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***
Visit all the other Appetizer Week participants for more dishes for the Big Game:
- Farewell to Appetizer Week by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Farewell to Appetizer Week by Kiss My Smoke
- Buffalo Chicken Dip by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Kickin' Meatballs by Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Vegan Creamy Spinach Dip by Je Suis Alimentageuse
- Jalapeno Cheddar Bites by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Parmesan and Dill Snack Crackers by From Gate to Plate
- Game Day Guacamole by Flavor Mosaic
- Buffalo Spiced Popcorn by Wonky Wonderful
- Smoked Salmon Bites by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Queso Stuffed Padron Peppers over Romesco by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Hoisin Beef and Scallion Rolls by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Smoked Salmon Potato Stacks by Food Lust People Love
- Party Pinwheels by My Catholic Kitchen
- Parmesan Asparagus Phylo Spears by Makobi Scribe
- Black Bean Hummus by Home Cooking Memories
- Mini Beef Wellingtonsby Clarks Condensed
- PB & J Wings by Cooking In Stilettos
- Creamy Cilantro Lime Dip by Mom's Test Kitchen
- Rosemary and Sea Salt Roasted Almonds by Try Anything Once Culinary