This easy Chunky Salsa recipe with fresh tomatoes is just one of the many ways you can make authentic salsa. What I love about this homemade salsa recipe is that it is tasty, fresh and filling, with no added preservatives. It is made with nearly all fresh ingredients which make it a healthy condiment.
We often eat this with tacos, enchiladas, tostadas or with some tortilla chips. In fact we ate this the other day when we were catching up on our episodes of The Voice. We tape these shows during the week and watch on the weekend so we can run through the commercials.
Remember I am all about making the most of time and using your DVR can save you many hours.
I also love how inexpensive it is to make. Tomatoes on the vine were on sale this week as were jalapeno and Serrano chilis. I think because Cinco de Mayo is nearly here, the grocery stores put these ingredients on sale so all the more reason to try this homemade salsa if you have never made it before. You can make this one without a food processor.
Easy Chunky Salsa Recipe
Easy Chunky Salsa
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 1/2 onion
- 3 serrano chilis or jalapenos
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Broil the chilis in a 500° oven until browned, let cool
- Wash and chop tomatoes, onion and cilantro and mix together in a bowl.
- Using rubber gloves, remove skin and sees from chilis and chop, add to mixture
- Add garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Let sit a few minutes before serving.
How do you like to eat salsa?