This easy Chunky Salsa recipe with fresh tomatoes is just one of the many ways you can make authentic salsa. What I love about this homemade salsa recipe is that it is tasty, fresh and filling, with no added preservatives. It is made with nearly all fresh ingredients which make it a healthy condiment.
We often eat this with tacos, enchiladas, tostadas or with some tortilla chips. In fact we ate this the other day when we were catching up on our episodes of The Voice. We tape these shows during the week and watch on the weekend so we can run through the commercials.
Remember I am all about making the most of time and using your DVR can save you many hours.
I also love how inexpensive it is to make. Tomatoes on the vine were on sale this week as were jalapeno and Serrano chilis. I think because Cinco de Mayo is nearly here, the grocery stores put these ingredients on sale so all the more reason to try this homemade salsa if you have never made it before. You can make this one without a food processor.
This chunky tomato salsa recipe is perfect for meat, fish and chicken. If you are looking to cut some heavy sauces from your foods, consider topping them with this salsa instead.
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe.
For more great appetizer recipes, check out:
- 5 Minute Guacamole – perfect for busy days when you need to put together an appetizer in minutes
- Baked Jalapeno Poppers – a slightly spicy recipe that is great with cocktails.
- Hot Chorizo Dip– a nice hot appetizer for a cold day or evening. Great with tortilla chips.
Easy Chunky Salsa Recipe
Easy Chunky Salsa
- 4 tomatoes medium
- ½ onion
- 3 serrano chilis or jalapenos
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Broil the chilis in a 500° oven until browned, let cool
- Wash and chop tomatoes, onion and cilantro and mix together in a bowl.
- Using rubber gloves, remove skin and sees from chilis and chop, add to mixture
- Add garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Let sit a few minutes before serving.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
How do you like to eat salsa?