This easy Blueberry Mojito recipe is a fantastic summer drink idea for hot lazy days and breezy nights,
Why This Recipe?
This fresh blueberry mojito cocktail is a delicious refreshing cocktail made with fresh blueberries and white rum. A fun take on a classic mojito recipe, this recipe brings in juicy sweet blueberries.
This cocktail looks so festive for a party or gathering.
This is a perfect cocktail to celebrate blueberry season.
Just a few simple ingredients are needed for this recipe.
- fresh blueberries - use juicy blueberries with no blemishes from the grocery store or famers market
- white rum - use a good quality clear rum for this recipe.
- fresh lime juice
- white sugar
- club soda or seltzer water
- fresh mint leaves
- ice cubes
- lime wedges or mint spring or both
See recipe card for quantities.
How to Make Blueberry Mojito
The full recipe is below, but here are the step by step ingredients.
In a bowl, add fresh blueberries, mint leaves, lime juice, and sugar.
Muddle blueberries using a muddler or the end of a wooden spoon.
Once blueberries are muddled, add ice cubes.
Pour in white rum, then finish with club soda. Stir and finish with a lime slice or lime wedge.
Substitutions & Variations
Here are a few fun substitutions.
- simple syrup - instead of sugar, you can use a simple syrup.
- soda water - use instead of club soda.
- Flavored Mojitos - muddled strawberries, blackberries or raspberries can be used in place of blueberries
Equipment can have a big impact on how a recipe turns out. Stone bakeware takes l
- tall glass (like a collins glass that is skinny) or a short glass
- muddler or wooden spoon
- cocktail shaker, optional
Store leftover ingredients separately inn an airtight container in the refrigerator.
For the best blueberry mojito, always use lime juice from fresh limes. It is the only lime juice you want to use in cocktails.
Make a pitcher of mojitos and keep on hand in the refrigerator..
More Fresh Fruit Cocktail Recipes
- ⅓ cup blueberries
- 2 oz. white rum
- 2 oz. fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 tsp. granulated sugar
- 2 oz. club soda
- ½ cup of ice
- 2 fresh mint leaves plus extra for garnish
- In a bowl, add ½ cup fresh blueberries, 2 mint leaves, lime juice, and sugar.
- Use the end of a wooden spoon to muddle the blueberries and mint into the lime juice and sugar.
- Once all of the blueberries are crushed, set aside.
- Add ice to your glass, then add crushed blueberry/mint mixture.
- Pour in white rum, then finish with club soda.
- Give the glass a little stir. Garnish with additional mint leaves and blueberries.
I hope you loved this delicious blueberry mojito recipe.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe to the newsletter here.
I share easy recipes and celebration ideas for the season. I also share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
Do you have a student going off to college this year? Or if you are a recent student, did I leave anything off of this list?