A delicious Apple Whiskey Sour recipe that is a wonderful way to welcome fall. This smokey cocktail is made with simple ingredients and flavored with apple cider and a touch of lemon for a fun and festive cocktail.
We have experimented with apple whiskey drinks as my husband is a fan. I have to say that this cocktail is very tasty and worth a try.
Why This Recipe
This apple sour cocktail recipe is incredibly easy and is made with just a few ingredients. It can be made directly in a glass or with a cocktail shaker.
We took the basic ingredients of a Whisky Sour (whiskey, lemon, and simple syrup) and added some apple spice to it. The result is a smokey and refreshing fall cocktail with an apple flavor. A nice spiced whiskey drink to celebrate the season.
This whiskey sour recipe is sweetened with simple syrup and garnished with lemon and apple.
This refreshing autumn cocktail is wonderful for tailgating parties and football viewing parties. Or for sitting by the fire and watching the leaves fall.
Ingredients For Apple Whiskey Drink
This recipe only requires a few simple ingredients and it is definitely worth a toast.
Bourbon Whiskey - you will get a better taste with a higher quality bourbon.
Apple cider or apple juice - I prefer the cider, but juice works too.
lemon - for the juice and as a garnish
ice cubes - You can also use a large ice cube mold like this one.
Equipment and Kitchen Tools Needed
- whiskey glasses (you can also make these in a cocktail shaker)
- cocktail stirrer
How to Make Whiskey Sour Cocktail
- Fill your glass a little over halfway with ice.
- Combine whiskey bourbon by adding over the ice.
- Add apple cider and simple syrup.
- Squeeze two lemon wedges over your glass. Give the drink a quick stir.
Nothing says fall like an easy Apple Whiskey Sour!
Pro Tips and Timesaver Shortcuts
- Prepare the simple syrup ahead of time for the best results. You can also buy bottled simple syrup.
- Garnish with fresh lemon wedges or slices, fresh apple slices, and cinnamon sticks, if desired.
- To make a Caramel Apple Whiskey Sour, use Crown Royal Salted Caramel Whiskey.
- You can add an egg white froth if desired. t makes a delicious drink!
What is a Whiskey Sour?
A classic whiskey sour is typically made of whiskey, lemon, and simple syrup. It is a classic cocktail.
More Delicious Cocktail Recipes
Apple Whiskey Sour
- 1.5 oz bourbon whiskey
- 2 oz. apple cider or apple juice
- 1 oz. simple syrup
- Juice of 2 lemon wedges
- Fresh lemon slices or wedges apple slices, and cinnamon sticks for garnish
- Fill your glass a little over halfway with ice. Add bourbon, apple cider, and simple syrup. Squeeze two lemon wedges over your glass. Give the drink a quick stir. Garnish with fresh lemon wedges or slices, fresh apple slices, and cinnamon sticks, if desired
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe.
We hope you enjoyed this delicious fall cocktail idea. If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe to the newsletter here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.