A delicious Peach Bourbon Smash Cocktail recipe to enjoy the season! Celebrate the flavors of peach and bourbon with this delicious summer cocktail recipe!
This bourbon smash recipe is the perfect peach cocktail to enjoy a summer drink. It's a beautiful and based on one of the classic cocktails, the original bourbon smash.
Why This Recipe?
This is a fun peach whiskey drink to enjoy for happy hour or at a barbecue or dinner. It is one of the great summer cocktails to savor the season, when peaches are ripe and abundant,
It is refreshing and full of balanced flavor. And the pretty peach color makes it feel totally unique! The ingredients for the Bourbon smash are simple. You serve it and both bourbon lovers and non-bourbon lovers will like it. The peach flavor offsets the whiskey nicely.
This drink is so simple to make too!
Ingredients For Bourbon Smash
Peaches - You will want to use fresh, ripe peaches. They can be yellow or white peaches. Make the peach slices about ¼" thick.
Bourbon - Bourbon whiskey (made from mostly corn grain) or American whisky (like Jack Daniel's or similar) Technically if you use whiskey, this becomes a Peach Whiskey smash, but it still tastes great! For more about the types of whiskey and how they are aged in oak barrels, check out this explanation.
Fresh Ice Cubes -
Mint Sprig - Mint is typically used for garnish, but you can use other herbs too.
Equipment and Bar Tools Needed
- cocktail shaker - like this vintage style shaker.
- cocktail muddler
- rocks glass
How to Make A Bourbon Smash
- Place 3-4 sliced peaches in a cocktail shaker or mason jar.
- Add honey.
- Add mint leaves. Using a muddler or the back of a wooden spoon, muddle ingredients together. (smash the ingredients)
- Add bourbon and shake with ice.
- Add the seltzer or soda and add a mint garnish.
Add the floater.
Peach Bourbon Smash
- Cocktail shaker
- 1 large peach sliced
- 5 Mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 ½ Ounces bourbon
- 1 splash seltzer water or ginger beer
- Mint sprigs and peach slices as a garnish
- Place the peach, mint and honey in the bottom of a cocktail shaker. Muddle everything together so the peach can release it’s juices.
- Pour the bourbon and close the shaker. Shake until everything is well combined.
- Fill a glass with ice and strain the cocktail over it. Top with a splash of seltzer water and garnish with peach slices and mint sprigs.
Pro Tips and Timesaver Shortcuts
- Other alternatives to the seltzer are peach juice or ginger ale or ginger beer. Experiment to find out which one you prefer.
- You can make this with any seasonal fruit.
- If you don't have a cocktail shaker and want to use a mason jar, consider getting this shaker top for the mason jar.
Captains' Rum Lemonade - A refreshing lemonade just for adults!
Ruby Reef Rum Punch – made with Elderflower liqueur, this is a tasty and beautiful cocktail.
Mango Rum Spritzer – A fun and colorful summer cocktail.
Apple Whiskey sour - A delicious apple cocktail
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe,
We hope you enjoyed this bourbon peach smash cocktail recipe. If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe to the newsletter here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.