This easy tropical rum punch recipe is delicious and simple to make. Fruity cocktails are a nice way to celebrate a beautiful day or evening.
Warmer days are ahead and this is a delicious punch recipe I like to call Ruby Reef Rum punch.
I made this today because it was a warm day and I was wanting to make a rum punch cocktail that was easy to put together.
Why You Will Love this Rum Punch Cocktail
The colorful cocktail is perfect for an al fresco dinner, summer parties or a summer luau party. This recipe can be doubled and made to serve in a punch bowl or festive beverage dispenser.
This recipe is made with two types of rum. This tropical cocktail has flavors of pineapple and grapefruit and looks like a sunset. This is one of those punch recipes that make me think of white sand beaches on a tropical vacation.
Tropical Rum Punch Ingredients
- pineapple rum - this is a white rum with fruit juice flavors.
- grapefruit rum - a similar kind of rum to the pineapple.
- elderflower liqueur
- ginger beer
- crushed pineapple
- pineapple chunks and cherries (for optional garnish)
More Delicious Recipes for Tropical Cocktails
Captain's Rum Lemonade Cocktail - A refreshing hard lemonade cocktail.
Pineapple Rum Punch - A delicious twist on a tropical rum punch
Summer sangria recipes - recipes for a white sangria and a red wine sangria made with fresh fruit.
Fresh Pineapple Daiquiri recipe - This summer cocktail is made with fresh pineapple - so refreshing!
Mango Rum Spritzer - A fun and colorful summer cocktail.
Pro Tips and Timesaver Shortcuts
- You can double or triple this recipe. Just combine rum ingredients and make these in a large pitcher for easy serving for a crowd.
- Prepare the pineapple chunks ahead of time for easy garnishing
Variations, Notes, and Substitutions
- You can substitute different kinds of rum to change up the drink. There are other fruit juices flavored rum
- Pomegranate juice is a good substitute if you do not have grenadine.
- Any flavored rum could be used in place of the traditional white and spiced rum.
- Out of ginger beer? You can try ginger ale as a substitute.
Serving and Storage Suggestions
- Serve with a pineapple wedge and cherry.
- You can also serve this with ice cubes made out of orange juice for a sunset color.
Ruby Reef Rum Punch Recipe
Sunset Rum Punch
- 1 tablespoon pineapple chunks
- 3-4 maraschino cherries
- crushed ice
- ½ oz. pineapple rum
- ½ oz. grapefruit rum
- ½ oz. elderflower liqueur
- ¼ cup ginger beer
- 1 tablespoon grenadine
- Muddle a a few chunks of pineapple and cherries in a tall glass
- Fill glass with crushed ice cubes.
- Add ½ oz of each: pineapple rum, grapefruit rum, elderflower liqueur and stir.
- Add the splash of ginger beer
- Add 1 a splash of grenadine.
- Garnish with pineapple chunk and/or a cherry
Please note that this recipe is for those 21 and over. Please remember to always drink responsibly.
We hope you enjoyed this festive tropical cocktail recipe. If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here.
I share easy recipes to celebrate the season and a few things that I don’t share here. I email you only once a week, as I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
I'd have to find a way to make mine virgin, which would certainly lose its appeal but it looks so refreshing! I love grenadine. (is that weird?)
Christine @ So TIPical Me
Yum! This looks really good!
Thanks Christine! It's tasty!
Jessy @ The Life Jolie
Ok, it's almost 10am on a Wednesday and I could totally go for one of these right now- is that a bad thing? Perfect for a sunny day by the pool!
Mmmmm this looks yummy!!! Good luck!! Firefly is always a good time, unless you forget like me and head into Dover for some reason and realize you made a huge mistake and traffic is insane!! hahaha. I haven't tried the flavored rums from Captain yet, but they are on my todo list. They look so super yummy!! Definitely saving this recipe for later!! If you're interested, I have a linkup going on today and every Thursday called Thursty Thursday. I would love it if you stopped by and linked up!! Cheers!! hopelesslyeverafter.blogspot.com
Oh I love the name Thursty Thursday Kristin! Thanks for letting me know and appreciate you stopping by.
This looks yummy. I am picturing myself sipping one by the pool:)
That's the best place to enjoy Heather!!
Jenn @ EngineerMommy
This looks delightful! Perfect for lounging on the patio!
Thank you Jenn! Yes, totally a drink for relaxation!
Thank you Jenn!