Host a cheap summer luau with items from the dollar store. This post also contains affiliate links and I may be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on the dollar tree banners.
Summer time is a great time for a party! Did you know that you can host a great luau party for just a few dollars? I found some great items at Dollar Tree. I am sharing my tips on hosting and decorating a dollar luau party today. Wait to you see what I did with this stuff.
I bought two adult-sized skirts and attached them at one end. I used this to decorate the front of my table.
On the table were flowers made from tissue paper. The package is only one dollar at the Dollar Tree, and each sheet made four flowers - score! These flowers make great decorations and centerpieces all for pennies!
I also found this cute Tiki Bar sign there!
Here I made a little station for the guests to grab a lei and for the girls, a flower for their hair. The leis and the flowers were pennies! Honestly, what can you get for a few pennies these days?
Then I used these cute flip flop hair ties for the silverware ties. Aren't they cute? You could also use these as wine or mai tai charms!
What do you think? Not bad for under $15 right?
To save some money consider the following:
- host a potluck style meal so everyone brings a dish
- serve tropical fruits like pineapple, mango and kiwi (all on sale this time of year)
- serve these Ruby Reef Rum Punch drinks or this fresh Pineapple Daiquiri
- offer summer beers, most markets have summer craft beers on sale right now.
- download Hawaiian music from Spotify or Pandora for your party mix
- ask your guests to dress up in Hawaiian wear, it helps set the party theme!
You can find all these decorations and more at the Dollar Tree Website.
How do you save money when you host parties?