Did you have a wonderful 4th of July? We went to a BBQ and then watched fireworks from our balcony. I took about 2 dozen photos and now will have to see how many of them actually turned out since fireworks are tough to capture with a cellphone.
I just love watching the firework shows with family in the summer. Another thing I love about summer is refreshing summer cocktails. Especially ones made with the fresh fruits of summer. So today I am sharing a fun Pineapple Daiquiri Recipe.
This delicious drink is one of our easy cocktail recipes you will want to bookmark for later.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
There is nothing like a frosty cocktail on a warm spring or summer day or evening, especially if you on the beach or near water. This frozen daiquiri recipe is one of those classic cocktails you will make again and again. This Pineapple Daiquiri Recipe is perfect for a barbecue or luau.
This easy cocktail is full of tropical goodness - it is made with fresh pineapple, but you can also use canned or bottled pineapple juice to save time.
- rum - the type of rum matters in this drink. I recommend using white rum or coconut rum as I find dark rum too overpowering
- simple syrup - water and sugar
- lime juiice
How To Cut A Pineapple
Before you do anything, let me share my photos of how to cut the pineapple. Remove the stalk and bottom with a knife. Then cutt of the side skin.
Once you have your fruit left, cut into 1 - 1 ½" chunks.
How to Make A Pineapple Daiquiri
You will also need a juicer or blender. I have an old school blender and it works well.
In minutes you will have this. Garnish with a pineapple wedge and a cocktail stirrer or paper umbrella.
- You can prepare the pineapple ahead of time and it will be ready to go when you are.
- You can make the simple syrup ahead of time.
- You can scale up this recipe for a larger batch.
- Serve with a little umbrella for a festive touch.
- I like to serve summer drinks in a mason jar too.
- Feel free to adjust for personal preference, to create the perfect homemade pineapple daiquiri for your taste buds.
More Delicious Cocktail Recipes
Summer sangria recipes - recipes for a white sangria and a red wine sangria made with fresh fruit.
Ruby Reef Rum Punch - made with Elderflower liqueur, this is a tasty and beautiful cocktail.
Mango Rum Spritzer - A fun and colorful summer cocktail.
This drink is amazingly refreshing and if you like pineapple, you will love it.
A light or white rum is commonly used in daiquiris.
Daiquiris are typically made in a blender or in a cocktail shaker with ice to chill and dilute the ingredients while creating a frothy texture
Yes, just leave out the rum.
Fresh Pineapple Daiquiri
- Serving glasses
- 1 pineapple
- ⅔ cup water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 ounces light rum
- ½ ounce lime juice
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Remove all skin from pineapple. It is important that you cut off any pieces of remaining skin off, or else you will have to drain your drink. Once you have removed all skin, cut into 1 inch chunks. Discard skin.
- Place ice in a blender.
- Add all but 4 chunks in blender.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend well on high speed.
- Pour into glasses and add garnish. Serves 4.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share easy recipes for the season that the entire family is sure to love and also a few things that I don’t share here. I will email you only once a week as I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!