This homemade strawberry lemonade recipe has been a favorite this summer. I was looking for a summer drink idea that incorporated the flavors of summer but was not overly sweet. Lemonade is one of the first drinks I remember making as a child with my mother.
This Easy Strawberry Lemonade recipe is a wonderful summer drink recipe that is made in minutes. I love that I can control the amount of sugar in the lemonade and there is nothing like freshly squeezed lemonade.
Hello Friends! Are you feeling the summer vibes? I have been enjoying being outside and working in my little garden. I have been taking more walks and living what I consider a mindful summer of relaxation and refreshing.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
This is one of the best lemonade recipes I use because nothing beats an authentic homemade lemonade recipe on a hot summer day.
You do not need a blender for this recipe by the way.
Fresh Ingredients - This recipe uses fresh strawberries and simple syrup for a wonderful homemade lemonade.
How to Make Strawberry Lemonade without a blender
When I was younger, my grandmother had one of those old crank juicers. It was actually pretty cool. Now I just use a simple hand juicer for juicing lemons and oranges.
This fresh Strawberry Lemonade always tastes great and it is especially fun during strawberry season!
You can change up the fruit flavors for this fresh lemonade recipe and serve it up at lunch or dinner or even as an afternoon beverage.
This is a real lemon lemonade recipe so if you have a lemon tree, you will score even bigger because the lemons will be free!
There is nothing like a fresh lemonade during the summertime!
Ingredients For Straw berry Lemonade
This recipes requires only four simple ingredients.
- Lemons - You will want to use fresh lemons for this recipe.
- Ripe strawberries
- Lemon Slices for garnish (optional)
Equipment and Kitchen Tools
- large pitcher
- tall glasses
- long spoon
- ice cubes
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe. If you love this recipe as much as we do, please write a 5-star review, and help me share the recipe on Pinterest!
How to make Strawberry Lemonade
Squeeze the juice out of lemons and remove all seeds.
Pour lemon juice into a pitcher. Set aside.
Wash and stem strawberries.
Make strawberry puree.
In a saucepan, mix together water and sugar.
Heat over low heat until sugar dissolves.
Add sugar water and strawberry mixture to lemon juice.
Add two more cups of cold water and stir. Serve over ice with a lemon wedge or slice.
- Prepare the lemon juice mixture ahead of time. You can also do the same with the sugar water. Keep the lemon juice and sugar water in ice cubes in your freezer and they will be ready to use when you are.
- Prepare the strawberries the evening before by washing, removing stems, and slicing.
- Store the fresh-squeezed lemonade in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
- Make ice cubes of any remaining lemonade. Great for iced tea!
- Pro Tip - The best way to get maximum juice from a lemon is to roll the lemons on a counter before juicing to release more juice.
Can you make Strawberry Lemonade without sugar?
Yes, you can use alternative sweeteners if you like.
Can I use Strawberry Lemonade to make a cocktail?
Yes, you can make a wonderful Strawberry Lemonade with vodka cocktail. Just add one jigger of vodka to a glass of strawberry lemonade and mix well.
More Summer Drink Recipes
For more refreshing summer drink recipe, check out:
Mango Lemonade - A refreshing twist on homemade lemonade.
Watermelon Agua Fresca - a delicious and refreshing summer beverage made with fresh watermelon.
Honeydew Agua Fresca - This is made with sweet juicy honeydew, for all the fans of this green melon.
Fresh Guava Smoothie- Turn up the fruit in tea with his refreshing recipe.
Easy Homemade Strawberry Lemonade
- 2 medium lemons
- 4 cups of water
- 1 cup strawberries
- ½ cup sugar
- Squeeze the juice out of lemons and remove all seeds.
- Pour lemon juice into a pitcher. Set aside.
- Wash and stem strawberries.
- Mash strawberries and set aside.
- In a saucepan, mix together 1 cup water and ½ cup of sugar.
- Heat over low heat and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add sugar water and mashed strawberries to lemon juice.
- Add two more cups of water and stir well.
- Serve over ice.
We hope you enjoyed this easy homemade lemonade recipe.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.